1.26.2009

Sacred Assembly

Our chapel held a Sacred Assembly this weekend - which was basically a 3 day long conference with worship, speakers and prayer sessions. It was AMAZING! We had 3 men from Life Action ministries come, Jonas from the International House of Prayer, and Brett & Kathleen Carnali (Kathleen is a Christian recording artist and travels the world to lead people in worship). God truly blessed the weekend and showed up in a big way. There was a mighty move of his Holy Spirit right away at the very first session, and it just never ended! The Friday evening session began at 7:30pm - it was supposed to end at 9:00pm and we didn't leave until 11:30pm!!! The theme of the weekend seemed to turn into the greatness of God's love for us.


For me, personally, the weekend was wonderful but there seemed to be something blocking me from experiencing it fully until Sunday. As I opened my self up and spoke honestly with a Life Action member God was then able to speak truth into my life through him. Some critical truths were spoken into my spirit at the breakfast. The breakthrough came at the evening worship service when I realized that it was my own pride that had been blocking me from getting everything I could out of the weekend. When I confessed this to God and just asked him to show me what to do - he was faithful just as he always is. I went to the side to pray with 2 women in our chapel and God gave them BOTH a vision of a little girl running through a field skipping and singing and laughing. The Chaplain's wife said that God told her this was my destiny - that he made me to be that little girl in my spirit. My destiny is to be that, and to share it with others. The verse God showed me this morning was Habakkuk 3:18 "I will be joyful in God my Savior." I am just so thankful to my Jesus for loving me as a father loves his daughter, and for blessing my life with a specific destiny in Him.

0 comments: