1.22.2009

Yummy Dinner!

So, this gluten - free diet might not be so bad after all! As I am slowly eliminating gluten from my diet, and becoming more aware of which meals need to be altered - I am making a few wonderful discoveries! Some of our favorite meals are already gluten free!! John's all time favorite dinner is chicken with apple cream sauce. When I went to check out the recipe I found that there is no gluten in it at all! I usually make Uncle Ben's wild rice to go with it, but that has gluten - so I roasted some small potatoes instead, steamed some vegetables and the meal was complete! John is so relieved that his favorite won't be changed a bit! :) Another fantastic meal that we love (and is also gluten free) is Roast Pork with Raspberry sauce. It's so yummy that I have to share the recipe:
Rub a Pork Loin Roast with salt, pepper and ground sage
bake at 350 for about an hour
For the sauce:
Drain a 10oz pkg of thawed raspberries (reserve the liquid, set berries aside)
add enough water to the berry juice to equal 3/4 C
pour 1/2 C juice, 1 1/2 C sugar, 1/4 C white vinegar into a sauce pan
stir in 1/4 tsp each: ground cloves, ginger, and nutmeg
Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes
add 1/4 C corn starch to the 1/4C remaining juice - stir into sauce
bring to boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened
remove from heat and stir in 1 tbs lemon juice and 1tbs butter
add berries and pour over the roast pork!
We had this for dinner last night with rosemary roasted potatoes and steamed green beans - John loved it and asked if I could make it more often... I love it when goes crazy over new things I try! :) His excitement over these meals encourages me to experiment with new things more often - and he thoroughly enjoys testing my experiments!!! :)

0 comments: