3.17.2009

Feeling Thankful Today


I am just sitting here on a beautiful Tuesday afternoon listening to music on my ipod and thinking about life. John is sick in bed so the kitties are napping with him. Even though my love is sick today I still feel like life is pretty wonderful. We have absolutely everything we need and more. I am amazed at the love God has for us and the abundance He has blessed us with. I can often fall into a complaining attitude and grumble about the things I want and don't get. But today I sit here and think "how could I ever ever complain about anything???". I have so much to be thankful for: an amazing Godly husband who loves me more than I could ever imagine a man would, an adorable cozy little home that is all ours and rarely has any problems, 2 cars that also rarely have problems, 2 precious kitties who bring us SO much amusement, and friends & family who love and support us in many ways. Right now, in this moment, I am so overwhelmed with the GOODNESS of my God. I don't always understand everything He does, but I know that He loves me and wants good things for me. I am seeing more and more these days that God has a plan for me that is unique. It doesn't look like the plan I made for myself a few years back, and it doesn't look like the plan I see so many of my peers living out. But it is beautiful and it's all my own! My prayer these days is that I would be mindful of all the blessings in my life and that I would joyfully continue down the path the Lord has set before me. No matter what my circumstances I want to serve Jesus with a heart full of praise for the One who gave me life.

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 
1 Thessalonians 5:28

0 comments: