3.06.2009

OCF Retreat


I just realized that I never blogged about OCF!! OCF (officers christian fellowship) had a retreat 2 weeks ago at White Sulphur Springs, PA. It was a wonderful experience - John and I felt very blessed to be included in the weekend. Chap was the speaker for the weekend - and Dan Meyers was the worship leader ... let me just say WOW!! Chap, of course, is just wonderful as John and I know from having him as both our pastor and "adoptive father":). We had never met Dan until we arrived early Friday afternoon - we then became instant friends! He is such an amazing musician and storyteller with a heart for God. His style of worship is exactly what John and I love!

It was a little interesting because we held meetings in the basement of the inn. The ceilings were so low that we couldn't stand to worship because doing so would make it impossible for anyone not in the front row to see the words on the screen. I am not used to worshipping in a seated position - in fact I love to stand, lift my hands high, sway, clap and whatever else the Spirit moves me to do at the moment. However, the Spirit of the Lord was still present and moving during the wonderful (seated) worship times.

Chap preached the gospel in a very powerful way - encouraging all of us to "stand up, hook up, equipment check and GO!" This came from a scene from the film "Band of Brothers" - but was a powerful metaphor for the Christian walk. We need to take a STAND! We need to "hook up" with the God we serve - making sure that we're connected with Him every moment. We need to be equipped for every situation life could throw us - be in the Word, be in fellowship with God, and be in learning from Him daily! Finally, we need to GO!!! Go out and share the gospel, help the needy - spread God's love ALL OVER THIS WORLD and SHARE THE GOOD NEWS OF JESUS CHRIST RISEN AGAIN!!!

I was so encouraged and motivated by the OCF retreat. I wasn't sure what would happen as we went into the weekend. I had never been to this particular retreat before, and knowing that it was for officers made me a little worried that I wouldn't benefit from it. But God was there and ministered to me in a powerful way. I am so excited to be in service to Him and amazed that He would even want to use a lump of clay like me! Let me leave you with the scripture that the weekend was built on:


"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!' " Romans 10:14 -15


Let's go preach to the lost so that they may HEAR, KNOW, and BELIEVE!!!!

0 comments: