4.29.2009

Mercy

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy."
Matthew 5:7

We just heard the most wonderful sermon about mercy on Sunday. It was very challenging and I learned so much! The point was exactly what you read above - show others mercy, and God will show mercy to you! Don't miss out on some wonderful blessings just because someone cut you off on the interstate and you just had to ride their tail for the next 10 miles. I felt very convicted about this myself. I have a strong sense of justice, and if someone does something wrong I feel like there should be a consequence. This is especially true when I am hurt. I really want the other person to know that they hurt me and to apologize before we can move on. But that isn't what Christ is about! He is about mercy and love and forgiveness! "But God demonstrated his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 Show mercy even when the other person doesn't deserve it, after all that is what mercy truly is. Let's think about that today as we deal with other people. Does someone owe you money? Show mercy. Did someone say something hurtful or rude? Show mercy. I'm going to put a smile on my face and make my mission love and mercy! Will you join me? God will have some beautiful blessings for us!

0 comments: