6.29.2009

I want to be THAT woman...


  For the next 6 weeks I am doing a "siesta" Bible Study with two lovely friends of mine from blog - land. We're joining Beth Moore, and hundreds of others, as we navigate through the book Me Myself & Lies by Jennifer Rothschild. I am so excited, but already a little behind. I confused the starting date, ordered my book late, then was out of town when it arrived, and now I have to complete the first week TODAY! **sigh** oh well. I skimmed through the week last night before bed and now I am itching to get knee - deep into it! I have to share a blurb from the introduction... maybe it will get you interested enough to want to join in!

"We all know at least one woman who seems to be clothed with peace and grace. She stands out in a crowd. She's a woman whose endured hardship but hasn't become hard; has had her world shaken, but remains unshakable. Every wave of difficulty that has washed over her has polished and revealed in her that something special we all want. Such women are rare, but God placed just enough around to salt the earth with them and make the rest of us thirsty.
I want to tell you. You can be that woman."  - introduction to Me Myself & Lies , Jennifer Rothschild
  

I don't know about you, but I want to be the woman she's describing! I want to be salt and light to the earth. I want to live my life in a way that makes others thirsty for what I have. So, when they ask, I can tell them about Jesus! I want to come out of the Refiner's fire shining like gold --- not covered in ashes. When "sorrows like sea billows roll" I want to become smooth and beautiful like the sea glass I find walking the shores of the beach. I want to be that woman!
  It seems like the more we know Jesus, the more likely we are to become a woman who makes others thirsty for Him. The more we read and talk about Him the more we want to be like Him. That's why I do Bible Studies. That's why I love small groups and discussion. We need to seek Him, learn from Him, and encourage and challenge each other. Matthew 11:29 says "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." 
 
 If you aren't already doing a summer Bible Study, I encourage you to find one! There may be one in your church - or maybe you could start one! If there isn't anything available near you and you aren't comfortable starting one up (or if you're like me and moving in a couple weeks) then an online study would be great for you! Sign up with Beth Moore at her blog and join all of us "siestas" in our summer study! 

** please pray for me today if you think of it - I should find out whether or not I've been hired to fill the position I interviewed for on Friday ... I'm nervous! **

UPDATE: I got a call from the man I interviewed with ... he's narrowed it down a bit and I'm still in the running for the job. He will get back to me by Wednesday. PRAY PRAY PRAY!


"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you,  being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know that this love surpasses all knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."
Ephesians 3:16-19
image signature

9 comments:

Manuela said...

Good morning Lauren!

The Bible Study is a great thing!
I don't know you, but I think that you are a wise woman, you already are the woman you want to become! (sorry for my bad english! I'm still learning))

Blessing,
Manuela

Alicia said...

Oh yes...I know such a woman like that!!!

I agree..being plugged in to a bible study or home fellowship is one of the best ways to grow, and to fellowship! It also keeps us accountable!

Sounds like a great study!

Mich said...

Love the song playing. It reminds me of camp. Happiness.

Oh, how I would love to do that Bible study with you, but it is not possible at this time. Sounds wonderful. Share with us along the way OK?

I will be praying about the job situation. I so understand. I am at a crossroads myself right now. Not totally happy with the job I'm at, would change in a heartbeat, yet finding something that makes you happy is so hard to find. Hang in there.

3 Blessings said...

Thanks for the info. about the bible study.

I have also been praying that you will receive good news on the job, if it is God's will for you.
Amy

Jayme said...

Your in my prayers today!

"Rachel" said...

"It seems like the more we know Jesus, the more likely we are to become a woman who makes others thirsty for Him." LOVE THIS!!!

I might have to go check it out, even though I'm on a money-spent-on-books freeze until my bday rolls around. :) I can always join in late, I guess.

Lois Lane II said...

LOL, nice to meet you, too! =) I've had that happen to me some times -- I find a new blog I like, but OH NO!! They're not writing for six months??!! Grrr...Lol!! Looking forward to reading all about you!

GOOD LUCK WITH THE JOB!!!

Wisdom for Today said...

You are in my prayers, sister:) Looking forward to hearing about the study, too!

Hope said...

Dear Lauren,

Isn’t this scripture you have chosen so comforting? What a beautiful prayer.

One really wonderful and precious blessing of having my sister is that they are Christians and I can call them anytime. We’ll talk for hours, laughing some, and, yes, complaining some, but always coming around to the Word of God and strengthening and praying for each other. What is really helpful is that we already know practically everything about each other, so we do not have to try and explain our lives, like one does each time one meets new people.

I also want to be such a woman as described here, and I hope you post more about what you are learning.

♥Hope