7.09.2009

A few of my favorite things that I am so thankful for!

It's Thursday ... and that means it's time to list a few of my favorite things with Amy! It's also Thankful Thursday over at Lynn's and I am going to combine the two ... because I am so thankful for my favorite things! :)

  • My new kitty Muffin ... he's too adorable for words! see for yourself...
  • Our friends Tim and Denise (they gave us Muffin last weekend and our time spent with them was full of wonderful Christian fellowship)
  • The book Crazy Love by Francis Chan ... Tim and Denise also gave us this book and you need to read it!! It will make you fall more in love with your Father in heaven by the second!
  • Shopping! ... I'm not a huge window shopper - I like shopping with a mission! I make lists before I go ... I have a purpose and a system... it's beautiful! Today we are shopping for work clothes for moi! (clothes shopping does not happen often for me unless we're talking Walmart or Good Will - so I am excited!!)
  • All you lovely blogging friends who shower me with your love! Like Hope, who blessed me with the true heart award yesterday ... so sweet!"Those who receive this award are of the sweetest nature. They are kind, friendly, funny, loving, eager to share their love for Jesus with others, and brave in their efforts to reflect Him to this darkened world. They are the kind of folks you're blessed to know, even if it's only in the bloggy-sphere."
  • Avalon Hills Bible Church and their awesome Youth Group! John gave his testimony last night (he's being considered as the new youth pastor) and they were so open and receptive and welcoming! :)
  • Music ... that's been a lifelong obsession actually - I cannot get into the car without turning the radio on! Even if I'm driving 5 minutes down the road ... I am so thankful that we have a musical God! Did you know that He has a song that He sings over each one of us?? How amazing is that? Which leads me to ...
  • Zephaniah 3:17..."The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you. he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."
How about you? What are your favorite things? What are you thankful for? Let us know and then link up with Amy and Lynn! :)

"Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song."
Psalm 95:2






image signature

22 comments:

Wisdom for Today said...

That's great! I am so happy for you and your husband. God is so GOOD!
Blessings--
Elizabeth

Michele said...

Alot of great things to be thankful for. Have to take picture of new kitty so we can all see. Have great Thursday/

Karen said...

What a wonderful list! The kitten is adorable!

Hope you have a wonderful Thursday!
Karen

Lucy Marie said...

What an encouraging post.

Jerralea said...

Great post!

Enjoy your new pet. Muffin is really cute in that pic.

I love that verse in Zephaniah. It's amazing to think of God singing over us!

Mich said...

What a great list. congrats on the award, for you deserve it.

3 Blessings said...

Lauren,
Your new kitten is adorable. Also, I will have to check out the book reccomendation - sounds like a good one. You have a great list! Thanks for sharing.
:)Amy

Grammy said...

Hi Lauren, your kitty is so adorable. I love kitty's to. And what fun to go shopping. Happy tt.

Valencia said...

How cute is your kitty! I want one sooo bad but hubby hates cats.

Janet @ Daily Provision said...

Great post...love the pic of Muffin...too cute! Happy TT! Blessings, Janet

Angela said...

Lauren, when I saw you precious kitten it reminded me of my Piglet Petra (yes, I gave him a middle name, all my animals have middle names,LOL)..

it's amazing isn't it the blessings, encouragement and love that we find as we 'fellowship' with one another through blogging...((hugs)) God bless to you and yours.

Denise said...

Muffin is so beyond cute.

Alicia said...

Hi Lauren, I wanted to tell you that the more I read your posts, the more I can see your heart for Jesus!!!! You are an amazing woman of God!!!!

"Rachel" said...

Love this!!! What a cute kitty!!!

eph2810 said...

I too am a totally music fan - I gets me through the day. How neat that John is considered the new Youth pastor :)

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Be blessed today and always...

Laureen said...

So cute your kitten. God bless.

Brookie said...

Lauren -
I love your post from Zephaniah. I read that book Wednesday for the first time and I LOVED it. I love when God is trying to really drive home scripture, you read/hear one for the first time and then you see/hear it EVERYWHERE.
Miss you.
- B

Joye @ The Joyeful Journey said...

I love that you hear Him singing over you, Lauren!! That verse in Zephaniah is definitely one of my favorites!! And I'm excited that your husband is being considered as the youth pastor!!!! That is awesome!!

Lois Lane II said...

Oooh -- now I want to pick up that book!!

Great list -- and that kitty truly is precious!!

chubskulit said...

awww muffin is so cute, my daughter would love to play with her..

I like the theme of your blog so I am now your follower, hope u can visit sometimes..

john said...

Hope you didn't mind me following your full of faith blog.. Please visit my boat sometimes..

Mocha Momma said...

Your kitty is very cute! My kids love Muffin already.

Muffin is the orange version of Jack. Jack is big now though.

Did you get some cool work clothes? I bought some things yesterday for a possible interview someday. Everything was 50% off plus I had a coupon for $10.00 off. WooHoo!

Gotta love a sale like that.

Take care.