7.22.2009

A Few of my Favorite Things....

A Few of my Favorite things....





  • The beach! I love soaking up the sun, salt water, and sand!

  • Unpacking! We loaded up the moving van last weekend and put all of our things in storage. We move into our new home in mid August… I can’t wait! I love unpacking and setting up our home – it’s like Christmas for me!

  • A really awesome sermon… like the one I heard Sunday night. WOW – it was about being filled with the Holy Spirit. How there is no such thing as being 95% full of the Spirit … it’s ALL or NOTHING! If there is 5% of your life that you just can’t surrender to God, then you are living in 100% rebellion. He doesn’t ask for a piece of us – He commands our WHOLE hearts! The word picture that came to my mind is this:
    You have a cup of water and a vial of red food coloring. The water is the Spirit … the coloring is that thing in your life you can’t let go and give to God; Sin, idolatry, ANYTHING that is not bowed to Him. If your cup is nearly full of pure water, but you put even one drop of coloring in it – the whole cup is tainted. The whole cup turns pink. There is no pure water left. The same is true for our souls. If we have even one thing that we refuse to surrender to the will of God, then our whole heart is tainted. “Throw away the foreign gods that are among you and yield your hearts to the Lord, the God of Israel.” Joshua 24: 23 Praise God for His mercy and grace … for without it we would all perish. Let our hearts be like those who said, “We will serve the Lord our God and obey him.” Joshua 24:24

  • And these verses: “Speak to one another with psalms hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Christ Jesus.” Ephesians 5:19-20

Don’t forget to visit Amy at Filled With Praise for more favorite things!



image signature

11 comments:

3 Blessings said...

Oh, I love this sermon example. It is so true! Thanks for sharing my friend. I pray you will have a beautiful day.
Blessings,
Amy

crittyjoy said...

what an amazing sermon example :)

I love the beach too :)

Lucy Marie said...

That picture of the water and food colouring is so true. Wow, that is a hard lesson.

Theresa said...

I love a great sermon, as well. One that gets to the heart of the matter and speaks truth.

Have a great day!

Debbie said...

Thank you for sharing what you learned from that sermon. I love the example you used; it was helpful. I also love the beach! Enjoy!

Hope said...

Hi Lauren,
Your move sounds exiting! I have always loved the thrill of moving; I actually envy military families and all they moving they do. I love that sort of change, always something different.

Either you’re obedient or your not…it’s that simple. One relative, speaking about children's obedience said that delayed obedience is the same as disobedience; that has really helped me with training my children.

I love Ephesians 5:19-20.

♥Hope

Lauren said...

Food coloring illustration = excellent.

love you LC

"Rachel" said...

Love the sermon excerpt. Great reminder!

He & Me + 3 said...

I too love the beach and unpacking and organizing stuff. Both are theraputic for me. Love that sermon example too.

Kristen Love said...

Oh I love the food coloring analogy :-) I hope your new job is still going great!
Thanks for the photobucket tip! I am uploading now :-)
I am having a great week- thanks for asking! Hope you are, too.
I think moving is fun, too! Although I haven't moved in over three years, so maybe I have moving amnesia. (LOL)
Love,
Kristen

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love the sermon..thanks for sharing...