7.02.2009

Thankful Thursday: God's Provision


   
I think this might be one of my favorite days of the week ... when we think on all we have to be thankful for (of course we should be doing that every day)! This week I am unbelievable thankful for God's provision in my life:




  • He provided me a savior when I was in the darkest hour - forgave me, and gave me life!
  • He provided John a full-time job 3 weeks before our wedding in 2005 ... giving us the means to rent an apartment and have health insurance.
  • He provided for me 4 wonderful years of being a stay at home wife.
  • He provided us GRACE when we lost our first child.
  • He provided us compassion and mercy as we stumbled through the next year.
  • He provided even more grace when we lost our second child.
  • He provided discernment and mercy over the next several months.
  • He provided us with abundant love when we fostered our twin 2 yr old boys. 
  • He provided us grace again when the twins were taken away - sent back to their home.
  • He provides peace and joy as I walk through each new medical problem.
  • He provides His word DAILY to guide us through life.
  • He provided a buyer for our home!
  • He provided a job for John which includes free housing and health insurance!
  • He provided a job for me!!
  • He WILL provide the strength to get through packing the house up in 1 week.
  • He WILL provide the strength and grace to say goodbye to our friends here.
  • He WILL provide the wisdom for John to do well in seminary.
  • He WILL provide the wisdom for me to do well in my new job.
  • He has provided and He will provide ... for all the days of our lives! 
"Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment."
1 Timothy 6:17

How has God provided for you? What are you thankful for today?
To read more of Thankful Thursday please visit Lynn.
-------          -------            --------         --------       -------
My friend Amy has started a new meme at her blog Filled with Praise called "a few of my favorite things" (I know, I am humming the song from The Sound of Music too...) 
Filled With Praise
So here are a few (3 for today) of my favorite things...
  • My husband!!
  • My kitties (pumpkin and molly - cutest things ever)
  • flowers (especially daisies)
I'll list even more next week! :) Go visit Amy here!
image signature

25 comments:

Jerralea said...

What a great list of thankfulness! This is the first time I've met you, Lauren, and I'm impressed with your joy in the midst of trials! God bless you and your hubby as you move to a new location and begin new jobs. I'm sure He will use you greatly in the field He has placed you.

Michele said...

That is a great list, ty for sharing all that you are thankful for. We are very lucky to have such a giving and caring God!

Stacey said...

What a great list, indeed!

Have a beautiful day Lauren!

Be blessed,

Stacey : )

Michele said...

I also did a few of my favorite things thanks for sharing that!

Alicia said...

Loved your list, ILauren! It puts so many things in perspective when you write it out! I love reflecting back on things and seeing how God was totally "right there!"

When we moved for a short while (8 years ago), I remember being hesitant to say goodbye to my mom. We were visiting her the day before we left and it was time for us to go. I was crying like the "hiccup/heavy heart" kind of crying, know what I mean? It feels like you won't be able to control it? Well, it was totally the Lord, because in just a blink of an eye, I felt an overwhelming sense of peace and I just stopped crying!!!!! That was the first time I literally felt His presence!

I just remembered that because of your list!!

What an exciting time for you and your husband!!!!

Mich said...

Loved reading how God has blessed you...even in the tough moments.

May you have a stress free week of packing.

"Rachel" said...

I am thankful I found your blog because this post was awesome!

Good luck with the packing!!!

teachermomof2 said...

What a great list of thankfulness! You and your blog are a very bright light in blogland! Thank you for sharing your faith and blessings!

Blessings,
Lisa

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

We indeed have so much to be thankful for - we just have to look around and it's abundant everywhere!

You are a breath of fresh air for this old "nana"

Ha!

Karen said...

What a wonderful post! I too am thankful for the Lord helping us through the loss of two children. He has always been right here with us! We also recently made a big move to a new town in a new state. So I can empathize with you there. God will give you the strength you need to get done what you need to do.

Take care,
Karen

mom-2-4 said...

What a blessing you are to me! Being thankful can be hard at times, in this world we live in, it's so easy to take things for granted- especially the grace and mercy of our Lord. Thank you for that reminder today!!
Julianne :)

Denise said...

You are truly blessed, thanks for sharing.

Grammy said...

Big hug I am so glad things are going well. How awesome to get the job with a house and health insurance. You are in my prayer and I pay you are blessed.

Angela said...

This was SO beautiful. So encouraging, so praisefilled to our Father God...

bp said...

I enjoyed reading your thankfulness. God has given you many blessings through your family. Thanks for stopping by. God bless you!

3 Blessings said...

Lauren,
Thank you for this post and for adding the few of my favorite things link. I have been gone all day and I was so happy to see your list and post when I arrived home. Have a great evening.
Amy

Mich said...

I nominated you for an award. Your journey with the Lord encourages me everyday! Thanks!

Pia said...

lauren, i can't help noticing the loss of a child from your list. two in fact. i have this thing about that. i still can feel the pain. God is still in control even if it's so hard to comprehend the why's of life. may you be blessed more, lauren.

Christy said...

That was wonderful and uplifting! Thanks for sharing about how richly God has provided for you and your family!

Daisy said...

This is a beautiful post! Indeed we must all be thankful for all that He has given us...

I also joined this week's meme so hope you come by and visit

;-)
~Daisy
http://inlovewithdaisies.blogspot.com/

Denise @ A Sacred Longing said...

I just "stumbled" onto your blog and I am glad that I did! That is one amazing list of thankfulness! God is in the details, isn't He! Praying for you and your husband as you make the transition to your next "season" in life.

Shalom,
Denise

Laureen said...

Hi!thanks for the visit and the comment last WFW.As I was reading your post I can see that you are really a grateful person.I was blessed by it.Continue to bring encouragement...I pray for more blessings to come to your family.

Karen said...

I just wanted to stop by today and tell you that I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Take care,
Karen

Hope said...

Dear Lauren,

You have certainly been in the “valley”. You bring glory to God’s name. When people go through dark times, but remain faithful in trusting God and praising His name, those people really show the world the goodness of God, because no one can say your life is easy.

Thank you for sharing so much of yourself in this post. Blessed be the name of our Lord!

♥Hope

Lynn said...

Wow Lauren,

Remind me on any given day that when I am feeling picked on or down to visit this post.

You inspire me. Thank you.

See you again Thursday, Hugs, Lynn