7.07.2009

why thank you!! :)

  Last week I received my very first blogging award from "Mich" -- too sweet! She's a beautiful  wife with 2 gorgeous children. 


 
I'm not entirely sure what the award means, unless it means that I am honest in my posts! haha
I am supposed to share 10 honest things about myself and then nominate 7 other people for the award (then comment on their blog to tell them about it, of course!) 

So here goes with the 10 honest things about yours truly:

  1. I got braces for the first time in 2nd grade ... followed shortly by headgear and a thumb guard ... go ahead and laugh - I know you want to!
  2. In fourth grade I started wearing glasses too, by fifth grade the kids in my class found out I had seizures sometimes ... result: I was totally uncool!
  3. I have an older sister and younger brother ... I like being in the middle.
  4. I was born in Maine, but grew up in California.
  5. I recently found out I have a dairy allergy: I miss cheese the most!
  6. I have played the violin for 15 years. 
  7. I am definitely a dog person ... but I have 3 cats...
  8. I love to quilt, paint, scrapbook, and bake.
  9. I married the greatest man alive ... this is an honest fact. indisputable!
  10. If you didn't already know: I have been a follower of Jesus Christ for 5 years and I love Him with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul. I live everyday for Him alone.

And here are the 7 blogs that inspire, encourage, motivate, or entertain me (or all of the mentioned)...

  1. The Joyeful Journey ... Joye has the most adorable children! She is an excellent writer with a true gift for poetry and storytelling.
  2. That Girl ... Lauren is absolutely hilarious! She is fun and spunky and loves Jesus ... it all comes through in her writing.
  3. Musings of a Future Pastors Wife ... Rachel is the wife of a seminary student and mother to a little princess. Her blog is a mixture of devotions to Jesus and fun anecdotes from her life. 
  4. Filled With Praise ... Amy has 3 adorable children and loves Jesus! She hosts "a few of my favorite things" on Thursdays.
  5. Embraced Child ... Jayme is a great "real life" friend of mine! She's a newly wed, and has just moved away to be with her husband ... I am so glad that we can keep up through blogs! She is 100% sold out for God!
  6. The Mountain Brooke ... Brooke is also a wonderful "real life" friend! She's moved all the way to Colorado and I miss her so much! Her faith in Christ is real and it's beautiful to hear about how she lives each day listening for His voice. 
  7. Keeping Faith ... Shannon is a sweet young woman I "met" a few weeks ago. She, too, has a heart for Christ and she shares her devotion to Him through her struggle with infertility.

Thank you again for the sweet award Mich! It was fun to share about me, and a joy to bless others with an award! 
-----------------------------

I hope that some of you are participating Beth Moore's memory verse challenge 2009. The idea is to memorize at least one new verse per month. I chose to memorize three verses last month and was completely thrilled when I did it! This month I am only doing one ... but it's perfect for what this month holds for me. I am moving this afternoon and I start my new job next Monday. I am pretty nervous about it. My July memory verse is Deuteronomy 31:6

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

To join in with the memory verse challenge visit Beth Moore here!

image signature

15 comments:

3 Blessings said...

Oh, thank you Lauren! You are so sweet and I feel blessed to have found you as a blogging buddy. You encourage and inspire me daily.
Have a blessed day!
Amy

Jayme said...

Thank you Lauren! You have been such a blessing over the past 3 weeks as I have been adjusting to ;ots of new things!!! Thank you!
I hope the move goes smooth...we're praying for you guys!
Jayme

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I always enjoy my stops at your blog....Have a great day...

Mich said...

You are welcome! You deserve it. I had no idea what it meant either, but embraced it and played along.

Thanks for sharing your heart everyday. What an encouragement!

Kristen, The Pajama Mama said...

Congrats, Lauren! honesty is a virtue and something to be celebrated in bloggy-land!

"Rachel" said...

Thank you for the nomination! I loved all the things that you shared (esp. #10). Though I might have to disagree with #9. ;) I think I married the best man in the world, but it's all in perspective, right? :)

Alicia said...

Wow..I feel like I know you more! LOL @ #2! Not laughing at you, but you know what I mean!!

I didn't know you grew up in CA!! What part? I'm in CA!

Faith Imagined said...

I want to give your grade school self a big hug!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Congrats on your honest award. Loved the list.
That is an awesome verse to be memorizing.

Joye @ The Joyeful Journey said...

Lauren,
You are just so lovely! Thanks so much for this award! I had so much fun reading about you--
I wish I would have been a good little uncool girl and wore my retainer faithfully--I wish! I wish!! But I cheated. I had glasses, too (wait, I still have to wear them) So uncool.

You play the violin?? And for 15 years?? Wow!! That is incredible! I love the violin!

Lauren, one day we just have to meet. : ) I've been so blessed by your friendship and your beautiful spirit for Jesus! Thank you so much for this kindness!!!

Hope said...

Dear Lauren,

I am in a world of hurry right now…got to get my husband up for work. I just wanted to tell you that I am passing the True Heart Award to you today.

I will be back here to read this fun post later…can’t wait to read it!

♥Hope

Hope said...

Dearest Lauren,

I love the Bible verse! I am working on having my children memorize a verse at a time, and this is one I think I’ll do next!

I am extremely impressed that you play the violin, what a beautiful instrument!

Love reading your post…
♥Hope

Hope said...

And, oh…Maine and California, tow beautiful states…I would love to live in Maine.
♥Hope

Hope said...

Ha! Ha! I see it...tow...I meant TWO, of course!
♥Hope

Sarah Dawn said...

Congratulations sweet one! You always drench me in God's goodness. Glad someone else splashed you today.

I enjoyed getting to know you a bit more.

Hugs from Costa Rica,
Sarah Dawn