8.21.2009

caffeinated randomness:: goodbye brother...

Today my brother left for college… I miss him already. Last night the family got together for one last big dinner before he left. I gave him a bag of the college essentials to take with him: reeses cups, sour patch kids, mike n ikes, and twizzlers. We had a great time, but I was so sad inside as I realized that he wouldn’t be at Mom and Dad’s every time I stopped by. I hate knowing he’s 5 hours away. It’s ridiculous. Until 6 weeks ago we always lived 4 hours apart. But there is something different this time because he’s the one moving away this time. I know that I’ll still get his random text messages and facebook comments at various times in the early morning hours. But still… IT’S NOT THE SAME. Quite frankly, I’m being a really big baby about this. Oh well.

So, here are some pictures of my wonderful brother Kevin … enjoy and pray for him as God brings me to mind…
Kevin and I with our super awesome bowling shoes...
Kevin playing his guitar...


Kevin and his best friend Kasey...

Kevin and me in Hooversville...

Amber, Kevin, and me at his HS graduation...

Praise God for such a wonderful brother and all the love and fun we share!

don't forget to visit andrea for more randomness today!
image signature

15 comments:

Victoria said...

I felt much the same way on each of my older sisters' wedding days. It had been years since we all lived under the same roof, but that solidified and signified so much change. Okay, now I'm totally going to cry in my coffee.

Praying with you!

ps...love the header!

Kari said...

What a great post in honor of your brother. My younger brother is one of my best friends. I'm blessed that him and his wife only live 10 minutes from me. The photos were great.

kara with a k said...

How sweet! I remember when my sister moved to Austin after college, even though she was only two more hours away than she had been in college, it was just so different!

Andrea said...

Oh, I so hope my kids are close like this when they're older!

Alicia said...

Oh how sweet!! It's the "big sister" in you!!! This is the second post I've read about someone going off to college! It's so bittersweet!!!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

What a sweet post. I love my baby brother too. I would love that bag you packed him for college. YUM sweet pictures too.

3 Blessings said...

Lauren,
I know exactly how you feel. My brother and I are really close too. He lives about 12 hours away from me now and I miss him all of the time. Thankfully, I can always call him, but it is just not the same.
Blessings,
Amy

crittyjoy said...

I don't think you are being a big baby about this at all. When you have a family you love our fondest wish is that everyone stays close by :) One cannot help what the heart wants at times! I love how close you are with your brother.

Sending you prayers and hugs.

Lois Lane II said...

Awww! It's nice to see siblings who get along, lol! (so says the only child...)

alihsee said...

No, really, its so nice to see siblings who get along and so says a youngest child of 4!! :)

I am so glad you have such a brilliant relationship with your brother, and I know its not the same but maybe you can convince him to move closer to you when he's finished! :) Blessings chicka!

Brookie said...

I'm glad you're so close to your little bro.
- B

Amber said...

I remember my brother leaving just like it was yesterday and it was last year, it is tough but it will get better and the moments together will be extra special:)

Alicia, The Snowflake said...

Oh how sweet! I think it's cool that your so close to your brother. Hopefully he will make great memories at college!

Faith Imagined said...

Your brother is cuch a cutie!

Hope said...

Hello Lauren,

Kevin looks sweet and like a really great brother! What a blessing he must be for you!

♥Hope