8.27.2009

favorite - moving - thankful!!!


It’s already Thursday again! How does time go by so fast?? This week has been (and still is) a whirlwind for me! Some of my favorite things are happening and I am so thankful – so let’s just merge “a few of my favorite things” and “thankful Thursday”, shall we?

Favorite Things:

MOVING!!!! – I think I’ve already said this, but I love to move! I love setting up a new home and unpacking all our boxes… seriously, it’s like Christmas morning for me!! We moved into our new house yesterday and I have the kitchen all unpacked and set up – woohoo! Our bedroom is getting there but, since we’re painting on Saturday, it will be a few more days. This leads to…

PAINTING! I love to paint – I love to paint every room in the house! It’s like a face lift for your home; you’d be amazed at what a fresh coat of paint can do for you! We’re painting the master suit on Saturday and hopefully we’ll get started on the kitchen. If all goes well we’ll get a good portion of the kitchen done this weekend and can finish it up next week. I’ve got big plans for painting!! :D

CHAPLAIN JIM PARK!!! Chap is one of my most favorite people ever (except of course for John) and he is coming to see us today!!! I have missed him so much since our move to Va Beach. We haven’t seen him in about 6 weeks … which is the longest time span we’ve ever gone!! I’m downright giddy about seeing him – the only thing better would be if he brought his wife, Kathryn, with him. But, she’s recovery from knee surgery (keep her in your prayers).

MY MATTRESS!! Oh.my.gosh!!!! Sleeping in our own bed after 2 months of sleeping in various different places was pure HEAVEN last night!! I just sank right in and slept like a baby all night long!!! I can’t wait to get home to get in bed again!! :P

PRAYERS … you have all been so sweet and lovely the past few weeks as you’ve lifted me up again and again in prayer. I can feel them – I truly can! I am blessed beyond measure to have so many sisters in Christ that care about me and spread love and encouragement all over my heart! Thank you thank you thank you … you’re marvelous!!

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.”
James 1:17


image signature

7 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I love to move too...Something about unpacking & redesigning everything new again. It is fun. I need some rooms painted if you want to come for a visit:)

Brook said...

Yah...so excited about your good news and love "hearing" the excitement in your voice. Hope you have a great visit and much fun painting and unpacking.

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh..I can just feel your excitement and joy!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you & your hubby, Lauren!!!

Franchesca Cox said...

Oh, that is wonderful that you love to move. I am looking forward to moving into our new home in a few months and decorate and paint!!! Congratulations on your new home!

Mich said...

so happy for you!

Blessings as you move!

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

Love your list of favorite things!

You are such a mighty blessing to me!

Brookie said...

Please tell Chap, I said hi. And that next time, his travels should bring him to the Rockies.
- B