8.25.2009

Hope Now

Thank you so much for all the prayers you have been lifting up on my behalf! I was so blessed by the loving words I received from many of you Sunday evening. I want to share with you where I am at right now spiritually … I listened to this song by Addison Road last night and I bawled. This is where my heart is:

Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free
When my life is like a storm
Rising waters all I want is the shore
You say I'll be ok and
Make it through the rain
You are my shelter from the storm
I'm not my own
I've been carried by You
All my life
Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free
You've become my heart’s desire
I will sing Your praises higher
Cause Your love sets me free
Your love sets me free

Everything rides on hope and faith in my life right now. But, shouldn’t that how it always is? Shouldn’t it always rest on hope and faith? God has spent the last 36 hours reminding me of all the blessings he has poured out on me this year. He has truly showered me with His love. Being reminded of that has set me free – free from my exhaustion and self pity (I can really be a ninny sometimes) and free from any trials I may be facing. Thank you for the love and prayers!! You’re wonderful sisters (and brothers) in the faith!

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see
Hebrews 11:1

image signature

14 comments:

"Rachel" said...

I was unplugged all weekend so by the time I got to your post in my reader and clicked over, it had been deleted.

I am glad to see you are having a better day today. I will continue to pray for you. Your post sounded like something I could have written a million times over.

He IS good and faithful - always. He's constant. Even when we are faithless He remains faithful, hallelujah.

Alicia said...

Hi Lauren!! You're so right about everything should rest on hope and faith! Sometimes it's easy to forget that when we are going through a funk. But, I love how God shows us that there is still hope..in Him! Our circumstances may look dreary, but He is always teaching us something, and drawing us back to Him!!

HUGS, my friend!

3 Blessings said...

Friend,
That song has been on the radio every time I start the car! You know how it applies to our situation right now too! You are right, it shouldn't be about hope and faith in the moment. It should be a lifetime of hope and faith in HIM. I am so glad you are feeling better. My husband and I have prayed over and over for you since reading your post Sunday. I noticed yesterday it was gone and I was not sure if that was a good sign or not. So, I just kept praying. You are still the precious daughter that you always have been to HIM. He loves you and is blessing you in ways you may not be able to see during our human frustration, but He has never left your side.
I love you friend.
In Christ,
Amy

Mich said...

Praying for you...

Shannon said...

thank you so much for sharing that song, I cant wait to listen to it!!
Regardless of what struggles we are going through, its pretty amazing that God is always right by our side holding our hand through it all!
I will be praying for you!

He & Me + 3 said...

I love that song and it is so true. It all rides on Hope and Faith in Him. WE are blessed!

SnoWhite said...

I love those lyrics too -- such encouragement to keep thing in perspective.

Kristen said...

I am in love with this song!! It is such an amazing reminder. I was gone all weekend too and did not see your post but I am so glad you see the blessings and continue to be amazed by our God.

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

OH what a great reminder that we need to be counting our blessings daily!

Wonderful words that really speak!

Alicia, The Snowflake said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. I was worried about you. I meant to email you and didn't carry through. I do pray, though, that God will continue to work in your heart and give you hope. Take care my sweet friend!

LAURIE said...

What a beautiful song, the words are really an encourament that we have hope. Hope you have a better day today. -Blessings.

kara with a k said...

What an encouraging song. You're right everything should ride on hope and faith, but I can honestly tell you I don't always live that way.

Still praying for you.

lisalyn said...

Yes, everything rides on Hope....in Him! Not sure what you are going through but just knowing that God is carrying you through is such a blessing.

I've heard Addison Road sing this song in person and there is so much emotion, it just becomes part of you. Great great words!!

Have a blessed day.
Lisa

Darla said...

Hey Lauren, I guess I missed what was going on Sunday since we were out of town. I hope you're continually encouraged though. It's all about faith! God is good, all the time. Have fun moving in and getting settled, I'm sure that will be a huge relief! I'm praying for you. - Darla