8.20.2009

Jesus is my Favorite!



So today is Thursday, and my good friend Amy hosts "A few of my favorite things" on Thursdays. Well, I am just struggling to come up with something new! I mean, I love a lot of things... but my favorite? How many favorites can one person have? I've been thinking... if I had to say ONE thing that was my all time favorite in the whole world, what would I say? The answer is really obvious and it should be the answer for everyone who calls themself a Christian


JESUS!


Jesus is my favorite! Why? .... Why not? He is the reason for everything! I could say that sunsets or kittens are my favorite... but Jesus made the sunset and swiped His paintbrush across the sky to bring those gorgeous hues of yellow, gold, pink, and purple. Jesus made kittens and their silky soft fur and their rumbly little purr and their sweet big eyes. So shouldn't He be the favorite? He is the maker of anything and everything that we could possibly list on our favorite list!


I am reading a book by Max Lucado (one of my most favorite authors of all time) called It's Not About Me. I am only about 2 chapters in, but so far it's been all about how everything on earth is all about glorifying God. EVERYTHING! That's the whole purpose of life... everything revolves around Him!!! All of our favorites are because of HIM!


Is your adorable, cute, and funny son one of your favorite things? GOD MADE HIM!! :) Are his hilarious statements your favorite? GOD PUT THOSE THOUGHTS IN HIS PRECIOUS LITTLE HEAD! How about those friends who understand you and just what it's like to be single at 29... GOD HANDPICKED THEM JUST FOR YOU!! What about your sweet hubby? Is he one of your favorite things? GOD CREATED HIM IN HIS MOTHERS WOMB WITH YOU IN MIND - TO BE YOUR LEADER, PROTECTOR, LOVER, AND FRIEND!


God is so wonderful! He knows everything about you and me. He knows what delights us. All of our favorite things are His way of displaying His glory for all to see.


JESUS IS MY FAVORITE!!


"You are worthy, O Lord, To receive glory and honor and power; For You created all things, And by Your will they exist and were created."

Revelation 4:11


for more about favorites visit Amy!

image signature

10 comments:

3 Blessings said...

All the glory to God our father. The creator of all favorites!!! I LOVE IT. Blessings to you friend,
Amy

Brookie said...

Great post, Lauren.
Thanks.

Cindy Bultema said...

Amen! Amen! Amen! Thanks for sharing!!! :)
Cindy :)

Kristen, The Pajama Mama said...

just dropped by to say hi.

hi.

great reminder that all our typical favorites are made by our Creator!

Alicia, The Snowflake said...

Amen! What a wonderfully uplifting post! Thank you for the reminder that ALL things come from our Creator!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

One of my favorite things is the Fall season. I find so much of God in the colors and cool that embrace my days and call me to a place of deep surrender and "stripping down."

Indeed, he made it; can't wait to see it this year.

peace~elaine

Faith Imagined said...

YES! We need to keep Him first.

Mich said...

Love that book and author!!!

GReat reminder!

He & Me + 3 said...

He is my favorite too.

Karen said...

Thank you for lifting up the name above every name!!