9.16.2009

Isaiah 54:10



"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord who has compassion on you."

Isaiah 54:10


God has used this verse in a mighty way in my life. Especially today. 3 years ago at this time I was in a hospital room trying to process the fact that the much loved child inside of me had died. My husband was such a strong comforter during the most traumatic day of our life. I went home that evening feeling a little lost. My world had tipped over and I knew that I would never be the same. Life would never be the same. I lost a lot of my innocence and naivity that day. I got in bed and cried out to God. I was holding my unopened Bible against my chest just trying to make it to my next breath. I silently begged God to give me something, anything to help me make it. I opened my Bible and immediately read the words above. I knew they were a gift from God. That verse was written on my heart that night. It is a promise God has made me - His love and peace will never be taken from me ... no matter what else is. I wish I could adequately describe how much these words mean to me - but I can't. I am so thankful that God is ever faithful to show us compassion and comfort in our times of greatest need. Just like the song says ... He is" my strong tower... shelter over me... beautiful and mighty... everlasting King..."

** I just want to add this image... my sweet friend Franchesca made this for me. Our son's name was Asher ...
Thank you Franchesa -- it blessed my heart to find this in my inbox this morning!

25 comments:

Susan said...

Oh Lauren,

How deeply touching...

I so blessed you felt the love and comfort of God at the most difficult time of your life.

Thanks for sharing this powerful testimony♥

SnoWhite said...

God is so good like that. In a way that we don't expect, and using Words we might otherwise not have read, He comforts.

Praying for you today.

Amydeanne said...

amen! beautiful!

Denise said...

Thank you beautiful one for this powerfully heart touching testimony.

Franchesca Cox said...

God is so good to give you that verse. xx

3 Blessings said...

Beautiful Lauren!
Blessings,
Amy

Wendy @ All in a Day's Thought said...

I love how God speaks into our hearts. I relate to your story and know similar pain. I love our healing God.
~ Wendy

From the Heart said...

Praise God for His unfailing love.
He is always there when we need Him no matter what the problem may be.
Thanks for sharing the verse and how it helped you.
AliceE.

Joyfull said...

How powerfully and clear the Lord speaks when we seek Him. I loved how you put that the verse was written on your heart. Thank you for sharing such encouragement out of your pain.

Rachel @ Future Pastor's Wife said...

Oh, Lauren, this is so beautiful! Praise God He knew EXACTLY what you needed to read that day and He carried you. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Cathy said...

Bless your sweet heart, dear Lauren. That is a wonderful Word. Love and Hugs, Cathy

life's journey said...

Thank you for sharing this verse it inspires my heart. Happy WFW!

Lois Lane II said...

Beautiful.

Alicia said...

What a wonderful post (again). This really encouraged me!!!

I'm so glad that through our trials, God is always there to comfort us!!

jean Stockdale said...

So precious. Thank you again for sharing your story with the blogg world. It is much needed.

I will stay in touch with you as well. Thank you for your kind response. I have been praying for you! Blessings.

He & Me + 3 said...

God never ceases to amaze me with the way He personalizes every blessing for everyone. That verse has been in the Bible forever & yet at the moment you needed encouragement & comfort He allowed that verse to be the one you read. He blew my socks off with a verse He showed me on my missions trip. To this day it is on my heart.
What a beautiful image your friend made for you and the name Asher is just beautiful.
Hugs,
Mimi

crittyjoy said...

Beautiful WFW and a beautiful post. Your heart is wonderful Lauren.

Blessings.

Lisa said...

Precious verse to comfort in time of need. So sorry for your loss.

Karen said...

Really awesome!

LivingforGod said...

The Lord always knows what we need and when we need it. I love that verse. Praise God for His unfailing love, His covenant of peace, and His never-ending compassion!

I'm very sorry for your loss (your two precious boys and now your friend in Afghanistan). May the Lord continue to give you comfort and strength!

Hugs,
Urailak

Danielle said...

I was just stopping by to check out your blog from the comment you let on mine. Thank you so much for sharing . I've read through a bit of your posts and have been truly blessed today. I've always been interested in doing foster parenting, but more along the lines of a fost adopt...

I'm so sorry for your losses. No parent should ever have to hear that their baby died. God spoke to me in great ways as I carried Wyatt to term. (2 Cor 12:9 is heavily leaned upon in our household) I love that he never left me and was always there giving me what I needed... I'm glad he did the same for you. I don't see how people can deal with the death of their child without him.

Daveda said...

Our Daddy always knows what we need when we need it. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you continue to find comfort in His peace and strength.

Kristen Love said...

God's grace is absolutely mindblowing isn't it? I am so glad that you were comforted by His word.
Sending you hugs :-)
Love,
Kristen

Hope said...

How precious!
God is so gracious to us to show us His love in time of need.
Thanks for sharing your heart!
♥Hope

Manuela said...

Dear Lauren, thanks for sharing this story with us! It was so touching and your testimony is so strong!
I think you are a very wise woman, God is in your hearth!

Blessings,
Manuela