10.23.2009

God's plans are so much BIGGER!

Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about my life. I’ve been thinking about the whole big picture – not just the here and now. I want my life to mean something – I want to make a difference. We’re only here for just a little while and then we get the immense honor of living with Jesus forever. I don’t want to spend my time on earth living in mediocrity. I want to live BIG! Why? Because I have a big God … that’s why!


I am coming to recognize that God’s plan for our lives is anything but normal. My plans were small, unoriginal, and well … a little bit boring. I am so thankful that God didn’t listen when I complained that He wasn’t doing things my way. Little by little he peels back the veil and my eyes see what He’s painting a little better. He just reveals one color, one brush stroke at a time. It always wows me when He does. I think, “Really God? Wow – I never would have thought of that! You’re so good! So amazing!”

Of course then a little fear sets in … can I do it? Am I worthy? Did He really pick the right girl? But as soon as I begin to question the wisdom of His choice He gives me the answer loud and clear, “NO – you can’t do it and you’re not worthy … but, I absolutely picked the right girl.” God makes no mistakes. God can do anything through us if we are willing to let Him. We are not worthy of His attention and blessings, but in His extravagant love for us He still gives that gift. Then I am reminded that He tells us we can do anything through Christ Jesus who gives us all the strength we need. (Philippians 4:13)

I am so humbled to see what God is unfolding in our lives … and so thankful that He firmly said no when I asked for other things. He plans so much better and bigger than I ever could!


click here to get your coffee fix with Andrea!
Photobucket

13 comments:

3 Blessings said...

I am so thankful that I get to see your changes unfold. God is so BIG and I know he has BIG plans for you too.
Blessings,
Amy

Brookie said...

Great thoughts, Lauren! Thanks for sharing.

Would love to hear more about what He's chosen the "right girl" to do. :)

SnoWhite said...

God does have BIG plans. Sometimes it's hard to comprehend that and be patient in waiting... but, like you, I'm learning it's so worth it!

He & Me + 3 said...

Isn't it so cool that God has BIG plans for us & all we have to do is trust Him & submit to His will...we can do it through Him?
I know that you will do BIG things for Him Lauren!
Hugs,
Mimi

Rachel @ Future Pastor's Wife said...

What an awesome post! You are so right, we pray for stuff and then when He reveals His plans they are so much more amazing than what we originally asked for. I love your painting illustration.

Hope you have a blessed weekend! :)

T. J. Knowlton said...

We were encouraged to be radical last Sunday. It ties in with this exactly. Knowing how big He is, why would I limit Him? Thank you so much for your words.

AND, absolutely, you should post on your cat. I can't wait to see it.

crittyjoy said...

I love this post! I really liked the painting analogy what a great way to put it.

I am so glad you are discovering His Big Plans for just the Right Girl! It is going to be amazing...with Him it always is :)

I am so glad we are the same type it explains why you touch me so often with your wonderful writings :)

Have a fabulous weekend!

Kelly said...

Thanks for sharing this! He is a BIG God and such a good God!

Franchesca Cox said...

When you said, "He just reveals one color, one brush stroke at a time." that just really spoke to my heart. I am an artist and I love to think He works like one too.. lol

You are so right that God's plans are anything but ordinary. Thank you for the encouragement, Lauren. I heart your blog.

xx

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Been thinking a lot about you and your husband these days in my prayers. I think God's plans for your lives will far exceed the imaginable. Keep holding onto the best for the best! It's coming.

peace~elaine

Andrea said...

I totally hear where you're coming from, girl! I stuggle with this a lot more than I care to admit.

Cheryl Sweeney said...

Would love to hear a personal example of what you speak of.

Jean Stockdale said...

Indeed,our God is BIG. He loves to "show up and show off" in our lives "to the praise of the glory of His grace." (Eph. 1:3-14).

I have been studying Ephesians and oh my...my God is getting bigger and bigger to me!

THanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my WFW. We were in New Orleans and drove their an old cemetery and when I saw these images, I knew the verse that was attached to them in my mind! Blessings. jean