10.28.2009

WFW: Prayer




Please be in prayer for my pastor's wife Teresa this week! She was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer this summer and had her entire thyroid removed last month. Today she starts her radiation treatment. She has to swallow a radio active pill and be in total isolation for at least 3 days. It wll be extremely difficult because she can't even be in the room with her husband! He cannot touch anything that's been around her because it's all radioactive! I can't imagine how difficult this experience will be. She will most likely feel very ill and won't have anyone physically there to comfort her. Please join me in prayer for her - that Jesus will make Himself very known to her in this time and that she could feel His loving arms about her.

Thank you friends!!

16 comments:

Denise said...

God bless her, and hold her very close.

Susan said...

Hey Laureen,

What a perfect verse and picture.

I will be praying for your pastor's wife for sure.

My neice had thyroid cancer and went through all the same treatments.

Good news, it's been 8 years, cancer free!

She was only in her early 20's and told she could never concieve after and had a beautiful little girl 3 years later!

We serve a God of miracles!!

Thanks for joining us today♥

He & Me + 3 said...

Lauren,

Oh that sounds so familiar. I went through all of that in 2006. I will be praying for her. The three days i spent in isolation were so refreshing and much needed. God did a work in me. He will bless her too in her time of Isolation. I have been cancer free for over 2 years now. God is good.
Hugs,
Mimi

Alicia said...

I will be praying too, Lauren!

lori said...

Lauren,
My dear friend Becky had this same thing a few years ago...it was a blessing in her life..These days in isolation are the hardest...praying with you...

lori

Ginger said...

So true!

Brookie said...

Lifting her up... and you.

Ginger said...

Thanks for stopping by Lauren!
Ginger

Alicia, The Snowflake said...

Oh that sounds awful! I will definitely be praying.

Mary Moss said...

Thank you so much for this. I am a prayer warrior and this verse really resonates with me:-)

Franchesca Cox said...

Cancer seems to be everywhere... I am so sorry to hear about Teresa. I will be praying for her and her family.

(((HUGS)))

Cathy said...

Oh, how sad, Dear, I am praying for her and the family ~

Samantha said...

Praying for her and her dear family, this must be so very difficult.
~ Blessings to you.

Laura Farnsworth said...

I will be praying for her...

SnoWhite said...

Sending prayers her way....

On an unrelated note... love the new look on your blog!!

Rachel @ Future Pastor's Wife said...

I'm just getting to go through all my posts that have backed up this week and I just saw this. I will be praying for Teresa!