11.10.2009

Adoption and Coffee - what could be better??

November is national adoption month and I think it's so fun that we got to announce that we're adopting during this awareness month! Of course, we decided to adopt in October - but that's just a tiny detail. : ) To say that John and I are excited is putting it lightly! We're thrilled to be following God's call to Ethiopia! I promised that I would share bits along the way of how this came to be - so I'll share a little now...

We have been praying and talking about adoption for a couple years now. We had an agency picked out in Lynchburg, VA that is a wonderful, Christian place. However, each time we would discuss the possibility of adoption it never felt quite right (we always talked about it with Lynchburg in mind.) We would talk - then put it on the back burner for a few months, then talk again (not feel good about it) and put it down again. This cycle went on until September this year. This time I couldn't put it down - God wouldn't let me! But, He did start to show me that the reason it never felt right before was because we weren't supposed to go through the agency at Lynchburg. When I started to pray about where to look, Ethiopia kept coming up again and again. So, finally we had our 3rd discussion in one week about adoption and I was brave enough to say that I thought God might be leading us to Ethiopia. You should have seen John's face! His countenance totally changed and it was like a light went on in his eyes! He said it felt like a direction we should explore too. After much prayer and discussion we both agreed that God wants us to adopt a baby boy from Ethiopia. We've got many feelings/emotions going on right now. One of the biggest "issues" we had with international adoption was the cost. We're not rich by any stretch of the imagination! But God has lovingly showed us many times that He can and will provide! So we are trusting Him for the funds we need and excitedly waiting on Him to provide! : )

That being said - Just Love Coffee is an awesome company that sells delicious coffee and gives a portion of their proceeds to adopting families. We set up our store front last week and are hoping that soem provisions will come through this avenue! If you love coffee (like me!) and want to help us out, please click on the link below or in the right sidebar to purchase some coffee and help us bring our son home! : )



If you don't like coffee, but you want to help us out - you can donate as you feel led through paypal by clicking our donate button below or in the right sidebar.






And as always, the biggest support is prayer - so please don't forget to pray for us!!
"Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?"
Matthew 6:26

We know that our son is of much more value to God than the birds of the air! Praise Him for this!

13 comments:

Franchesca Cox said...

Lauren, this is amazing how God just works it all out. He knows about all the details. I went the link you provided about coffee and that is super cool! I will keep you'll in my prayers and hopefully get to help out by purchasing coffee from that site.

xo

Rachel @ Future Pastor's Wife said...

Amazing testimony, Lauren! I feel privileged to be able to follow your journey.

3 Blessings said...

Love it! We have tried the Ethiopian coffee and it is so good!!!
Blessings,
Amy

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

I love coffee and can't think of a better cause to buy from and for :)

Mom to 9 Blessings! said...

Lauren,

Congrats on the NEWS! Goodness if I didn't see on a friends blog your comment I wouldn't have known!

PRAISING GOD for making the way to your son!

Enjoy your new make-over too!

Love and blessings,
Jill

Alicia said...

Lauren, I love how the Lord gave you and your husband confirmation about Ethiopia. Reminds me our Associate Pastor. He grew up in a missionary family, and spent most of his childhood in Africa. Anyway, he knew tbe Lord was calling him and his family to be missionaries, and his heart was for Africa. However, he didn't want to tell his wife to influence her in any way, and one day she said the Lord was speaking to her about Africa!! So..guess where they and their 3 boys have been the last 5 years?????

Oh..and I love coffee. We are faithful coffee drinkers! I will click on the link and pick some coffee! I think you and your husband are just a wonderful couple!!!

Kristin said...

That is so exciting how the Lord led you both to the same feeling that Ethiopia was the right place to adopt from! I am so happy for you both and so excited to hear all about your journey. Because I'm new to your blog, I'm going to have to go back and read some of your past posts :)

He & Me + 3 said...

This is so exciting and you know I like coffee. I am off to get some. Don't you just love it when you know that you know it is God & and not our flesh. What confirmation.
Hugs,
Mimi

Joye @ The Joyeful Journey said...

Just reading this, makes my heart skip a beat! I can't tell you how excited I am that you are both wholeheartedly following God!! Out of heartache, something beautiful is being formed. A miracle of love! Maybe you could make a little button that we could put on our blogs to help raise awareness of your adoption fund? I would love to do that.

Stacey said...

WOW~ this is so exciting!!!! I will be praying for you & your family:) I can't wait to read more.

(&~ I do LOVEEE coffee!)

T. J. Knowlton said...

There is nothing more handsome than watching our husband's light come on, right? That is so amazing. I am thrilled for you both. You will have to document this whole journey. It sounds perfectly choreographed by the Father.

Kristen, The Pajama Mama said...

congrats on starting this amazing journey!

Leah said...

Hi, I just found your blog, and I am totally with you! I'm your newest follower and prayer for your little Tucker. When you get a chance I'd love for you to check out my blog and follow me back. Blessings to you on the journey to motherhood..I wish I could help financially but I can pray. Have a great weekend. By the way, I want one of those adoption is the new pregnant shirts..how awesome :)