11.02.2009

He is doing a new thing!



“Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.”
Isaiah 43:18-19


These verses having been pouring into my soul over the last few weeks. God has made them jump straight off the pages of my Bible and into my heart. They are digging in and taking root in the soil of my heart. These words are growing and growing and will bring forth fruit … beautiful, sweet fruit for the Lord! And where fear and insecurity tries to dislodge this root, God steps in with His Word again and tells me …

“Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east

and gather you from the west.”
Isaiah 43:5



11 comments:

Rachel @ Future Pastor's Wife said...

Ooh, these verses were some that CARRIED me after the whole break up with my fiance in college. Love them! Love that our AWESOME God is always working to make all things new! :)

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

These verses so speak to my also my friend!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

What a Word to have from the Lord. I am jumping up and down right along with you Lauren.

Oh the plans He has for you...for all of His children who let Him do the leading.

Love you friend!

...and LOVE LOVE LOVE Your new blog makeover.

crittyjoy said...

I love those verses.

I often remind myself of those verses. As the last few months have been one of those times when I know He is doing something and yet I get discouraged. He truly is doing a new thing and there is nothing to fear :)

Great post my friend!

3 Blessings said...

Love it!!!! I just changed your old button to your new button on my site.
Blessings,
Amy

T. J. Knowlton said...

A new thing. I love that verse. I can't wait to here more and more about this. I am excited for you!

Alicia said...

I love those verses, Lauren!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Do not dwell on the past...I love that. Satan would love for us to dwell on our past and our failures...but God is doing a new thing and we don't have to be afraid of the past. Awesome words. Thank you for sharing those great verses.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

"Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?" is one of the most powerful questions in Scripture that God asks of his children. God's new is ever springing forth; problem is, we rarely have vision enough to "perceive it." Glad for your eyes of faith that are looking deeper and seeing further. Keep to it...

peace~elaine

Joye @ The Joyeful Journey said...

I love the new look, Lauren! It's fabulous! And I admire you so much for the life you live by faith! You are holding onto God's promises and He is always faithful to His Word, Lauren. You have claimed it and you will have it!

Denise said...

Such lovely words spoken here sweetie.