12.31.2009

29 years ago...

29 years ago my other half was brought into this world! I am so thankful to God for having his hand on my husband's birth. He was very premature ... a tiny little bean, but was surprisingly healthy! His mother, Helen, nearly died in the days following John's birth, and had to stay in the hospital for quite awhile after John went home. The Lord healed Helen, too -- even with the doctor's grave prognosis. We're so thankful that God spared both their lives, and I am so thankful to Helen for going through all she did to give birth to John. God is good, and He has a huge plan for my wonderful husband. I believe that his life was spared at birth so that others might come to know Jesus through John's witness.

Happy 29th Birthday John ... you are the love of my life!!


Here is a sampling of just two of the many lives he's touched for the glory of God...


 
yes - that's me in the last picture ... my husband was the main influence in my decision for Christ just a few months after I met him. : )

14 comments:

Tracy said...

Ok, first, Happy Birthday, John!

Second, you guys are adorable!

Third, that is quite a love story. Praise God!

Happy New Year, my friend!

crittyjoy said...

Happy Birthday John!

This is such a beautiful post Lauren...what a testimony to our God!! And the last part...made me cry. Wow.

I am so glad you are my dear bloggy friend and I cannot wait to see what God does in your life in 2010 (including a precious boy!!! That's what I am praying for! That you bring in 2011 with your Tucker.)

Jim and April said...

How awesome that God used your husband to help lead you to Christ! Beautiful! Happy birthday to your dear hubby!

Kristin said...

What a wonderful post! Happy Birthday John! That's awesome about the lives he's influenced, especially yours! I am so glad to have met you!!

3 Blessings said...

Happy Birthday John! Both of you are amazing! God is using you to do big things and I cannot wait to see you both as parents to little Tucker.
Blessings,
Amy

Andrea said...

You are both so sweet! Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Franchesca Cox said...

Lauren, that is so awesome, all of it! You guys make such a beautiful couple and you'll are a wonderful testimony. Happy Birthday, John!

He & Me + 3 said...

Beautiful. Happy Birthday to John! Enjoy your day and have a blessed year!

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! I loved reading how he was such an influence in your relationship with the Lord. What a great beginning together.

May 2010 be a wonderful year for you.

Blessings,
Debbie

Katie said...

Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to you, awesome post. Happy New Year.

Barbie said...

Happy birthday to your John! What an awesome testimony of the hand of God on two lives. Oh, and WOW to be baptized by the man you married, that's so awesome. Blessings to you!

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday to your husband!! God definitely has a purpose for him!

nault's nook said...

loved the last picture!!! So amazing you two were able to share that moment!!

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby!!!!!

You and him make a beautiful couple!!!

Happy New Year, too!!!