12.21.2009

adoption on the brain ...

Suffering from some major writers block today … major. I can’t think of anything at all to write about! I think I am drained and ready for Christmas break … only 2 more work days left. I think I’ll make it!
So, because I am feeling very unoriginal and can’t think of anything inspiring to say … I’ll just give an update on where we’re at with our adoption process! Besides, it’s all I can think about anyway. Seriously, Christmas can come and go and I don’t really care … the only date I am looking forward to on the calendar is the one where I get to hold my little guy for the first time! : )


We got fingerprinted today! It’s the second time I’ve been fingerprinted in the last 2 years. The first time we were there for foster parenting … we told the officer that we never thought we’d be in this scenario and he told us that as long as they don’t take our picture we’re fine! No mug shots for me – thankyouverymuch! Today was an equally easy and pleasant experience. We mailed them out along with our background clearance forms … one more step DONE!

We have our last home study appointment next Wednesday, the 30th… then we’ll have passed yet another hurdle! We’re going to spend Christmas break working on our Dossier and hopefully completing all our required education. The goal at this point is to get our number on the wait list by the end of January … it looks like we just might make it!!!

The process is going by faster than we were expecting, which is a very good thing!! We just can’t wait to get that first referral picture – and then to wrap our arms around our sweet baby boy!

I’ll post pictures soon of the adorable overalls outfit we bought yesterday… too cute for words! I actually went home yesterday after the Christmas play and hugged the little outfit against my chest and told John – “just think – this time next year our son will be in these overalls!” AND - we just might have a name picked out for our little guy by the end of the week!! We really can’t express our joy and the longing in our hearts …

11 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh, Lauren! This is so exciting!! This was a WONDERFUL post!! I'm so glad we get to share this journey with you, my friend! When I look at your pictures, and read your posts, I just imagine that you and your husband are probably one of the sweetest and most genuine people out there.

Franchesca Cox said...

You may have had writer's block, but I couldn't tell:) I loved reading about the update. I was wondering how that was going. That's awesome that it's going smoothly and quickly. I can't wait to hear more and how neat that it'll be over by this time next year !!! Wow. Lots of love to you

Leigh said...

YAY for getting closer! and as I like to think every single day is a day closer to my babies no matter what.

3 Blessings said...

I am so excited for you two. I can't wait to hear the name you have chosen.
Blessings,
Amy

Jim and April said...

how exciting! We are going to start our homestudy in January! :0)

He & Me + 3 said...

This is all so exciting. I can't wait to see the overalls and to see your baby boy in them. What a day that will be. Keep checking down your list. It won't be long.
Happy Christmas week!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Joyful alongside of you! Thanks for sharing this journey with us all. And when little guy gets here, if you need any "mother of boys" parenting advice, I'm all over it! I've got three of them.

peace~elaine

Kristin said...

This post just warms my heart!!! It is so exciting to be able to follow along with you on your blog. I can't wait to hear the name you've picked. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

JaelCustomDesigns said...

How wonderful!

I stumbled upon your blog on the Mom Bloggers Club, someone was admiring your blog design so I came over to take a look. I'm now following your blog. This is an amazing journey your on that I'd like to follow. Can't wait to see what name you choose!

You can find me at
http://www.jaelcustomdesigns.com

JaelCustomDesigns said...

I'm really ODC and can't stand grammatical errors. So correction on the second to last line, third word in should be (you're).
I know...

Kim said...

I'm so glad you gave us an update! I'll be praying for you to be finished by the end of January.