12.03.2009

Alexander and me got something in common...



It has been a terrible horrible no good very bad day so so day. Yesterday around 4pm my head started pounding, which turned into a splitting headache by the evening. Then my back started to ache along with some serious tightness in my shoulders. By the end of the evening my whole body hurt. So, I skipped church, laid on the couch and quilted while watching a movie. Then I went to bed and hoped to wake up feeling all better.

The alarm went off at 6:45am and guess what? My head still hurt. So I called in at 7am and left a message for my boss and slept until 9am. I woke up feeling okay. Not great - but not nearly as bad as before.  I made it to work by 11am. So here I am at my desk with a mild headache and an extremely tired body. I am just trying to make it to 5pm ... 3 more hours.

It's Thursday - which means date night. I am so bummed. I want to feel GREAT for date night. Instead I feel blah. Date night might consist of ordering in and watching "White Christmas" ... we'll see. I hate headaches - they take it our of me like nothing else can.

On a much brighter and non whiney/complaining/self pitiful note: the December issue of Exemplify is out!! Click here to read the special double issue -- it's a great one if I do say so myself! When you get there don't forget to head on over to the Family Channel to read a great post about the Baby Jesus by my friend Amy! And join in Exemplify's Christmas Spectacular with freditor (friend/editor -stole that from Tracy!!) Kristen! She's the best!

**update: my boss just stopped by my desk and told me he thought I should go back home ... I wonder how terrible I look?? Oh well, I am just grateful to work for a sensitive man -- I'm headed home and back to bed! **

9 comments:

Franchesca Cox said...

I am sorry you're feeling so badly. Hope you get to feeling better soon!!! :)

Victoria said...

Feel better! I've been having that same headache since last night and writing a super personal post like this helped...hope it's helping you, too! Tonight's date night here too..love it!

Leigh said...

I felt like that all last weekend. I never had a fever but just felt yucky, my head was pounding for days. We decided to name this illness: the adoption flu. I think it was stress, take some Advil and get some rest girl! Praying you feel better soon!

Kristin said...

Oh no....hope you're feeling better soon! I know what you mean about headaches. I have been getting them alot lately and I just cannot function with them. All I want to do is shut my eyes and take a nap and I surely don't have time for that! It's the worst feeling. So, I hope you get some rest and that you're feeling all better tomorrow!

Shelley said...

I hope you are feeling much better very soon!

Shelley @ Ink Scrawls
http://inkscrawls.blogspot.com

crittyjoy said...

Feel better soon!

I hope you have a good date night...even if it is staying in and watching the classically wonderful White Christmas :)

So glad you got to go home early and rest more!

Kelly said...

Bless your heart! So glad you got to go home early. Get some rest and feel better soon!!!

Loved Amy's post on Exemplify. Amazing.

Monika said...

Hi, you have a great boss!!! I hope you will feel better soon!
And now i will jump on new Exemplify issue :-)
Have a nice day,
Monika

3 Blessings said...

I hope you are feeling better soon.
Hugs,
Amy