12.18.2009

Caffeinated Randomness: Christmas Song

It’s Christmas song day over at Andrea’s!! I love pretty much all Christmas songs, so I was slightly devastated when I read that I had to choose just one song to share. I seriously could list off about 30 with ease! Well, anyway … I did finally pick one song that I think reflects where I’m at this Christmas season. It’s While You Were Sleeping by Casting Crowns.


My eyes have been opened so much this year. I am feeling things in my heart that I’ve never felt before. It’s like I’ve been awakened to reality and it’s changed me. As painful as it is to be constantly aware of the pain and suffering around the world, I wouldn’t change it for anything. This is why Christ came! We live in a lost world – a world that is hurting, hungry, and hopeless. Christ was born in a manger to give hope! It is my prayer that I am never caught sleeping … I don’t want to miss seeing Jesus…


9 comments:

Jenilee said...

What a great Christmas song. I love Casting Crowns but I don't have this CD. thanks for sharing it with us!

He & Me + 3 said...

This song gave me chills. I love it! Great song choice. I don't want to be caught sleeping either.

Andrea said...

I love Casting Crowns!

(and for the record, I found my rule particularly cruel, too!)

Alicia said...

I love that song!!

Karen said...

This songs makes us search our hearts. Thank you for sharing it.
Merry Christmas

crittyjoy said...

I broke the rules. I am such a rebel :) haha!

That song is so beautiful. I love Casting Crowns and how thoughtful...and convicting their songs can be.

Michelle said...

I too broke the rules. But then, I just couldn't pick just one. How would they feel if they were left out? I mean I can't listen to the other songs I enjoy at Christmas without feeling guilty that they didn't make it on the list. :P

I love your song Lauren. Thanks Lauren for awakening us today!

nault's nook said...

thank you for sharing!!!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Lauren,

I'm playing catch up with your blog posts, and I couldn't agree more with this song While You Were Sleeping. Is it the best or what?!?

LOVED all your posts about Tucker. Can't wait to see your Christmas card with him smack dab in between the both of you. That moment is coming friend. Hang on.