12.04.2009

Caffeinated Randomness: Christmas Ornament Edition...

Thank you so so much for your prayers and sweet words yesterday! I went home right after I updated my post and laid on the couch for the rest of the day --- I slept on and off until later in the evening when I finally moved to the bed. I woke up this morning feeling GREAT!! I think I really just needed some sleep!

Andrea is having a wonderfully fun Christmas themed caffeinated randomness this month. I love everything about Christmas - so of course I love this! Today we're supposed to share about our most bizzare Christmas ornament. I've got to tell you - I don't have a bizzare ornament! It's true -- we just don't get them as gifts, and we only buy ones we like! Our tree is pretty traditional and maybe a little old fashioned - I love it! It's filled with wooden ornaments, ornaments from our childhood, and some new ones.

So... I'll share some of my favorites instead! : ) This is my very first ornament ever - bought for my on my first Christmas by my precious Grandparents ... 1984 was my first Christmas and it was spent in Brunswick, Maine (where I was born). I love this ornament and always hang it in a prominent place on the front of our tree.


This ornament is my favorite wooden ornament. I don't really know why other than I think it's super cute. My Grandma bought me this one too -- back in High School. If you push the bottom of the little stand Santa bends and twists... very fun! : )

Last but OF COURSE not least is my ornament from Amy. I forgot to take a picture of it -- because I don't have it on our tree. We have a little shelf in our living room with our willow tree family collection. There's the couple (John bought me for my 1st birthday as his wife) then there are the two angels holding two babies (John bought me each time we lost our babies). Then there are the twins (we bough together the day social services took them back to their family). Hanging from a peg on that shelf is our "From Africa to our Hearts" ornament. It's beautiful and we love it -- can't wait to choose a name for our baby boy growing in Ethiopia! : )

So... there's my extremely loooooooooong post about Christmas ornaments! Head on over to Andrea's for more (but probably not quite so lengthy) posts about bizzare ornaments! : )

11 comments:

Bobbi said...

You "sound" like you're feeling a bit better today. I've been praying! My Mom has an ornament like your Santa one...but it's a reindeer...very cute! I love traditional stuff too!!

crittyjoy said...

Traditional is always so beautiful! I love your ornaments and the Santa one sounds so fun! And your Willow Tree collection sounds beautiful too.

Debbie said...

I enjoyed reading about your favorite ornaments. I've collected many from over the years too. Some were gifts from friends. Whenever Greg and I had the opportunity to travel, we always made a point of purchasing an ornament for our tree as a memory of our trip.

Blessings and hugs to you,
Debbie

Linda said...

Lauren, I am so glad that you woke up feeling good today. I hope it will be a blessed day for you.

Thanks for sharing your ornaments with us. I feel like I have been in your home looking at your tree and hearing the history of each ornament.

I don't have ornaments that are special anymore. When my kids got married I gave them the ornaments from their childhood. Now I just buy what I like and chage it up once in awhile. (:>)

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

He & Me + 3 said...

YOur ornaments are beautiful. I have ornaments from when I was in Kindergarten. I love the memories that ornaments hold.

Andrea said...

Your ornaments are so sweet and precious - just like you! (And I don't mean that in a condescending way at all - I just happen to think you are one of the sweetest people I know!)

Alicia said...

That is so neat, Lauren, to hear the background on all those ornaments ( even the ones not pictured here).

I'm so excited to decorate our tree!

Alicia said...

Hi again Lauren! I wanted to let you know that I purchased coffee just now!!! :)

The coffee will be even better knowing what it's going toward!

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

I am hoping that you are fully recovered by now.

Beautiful ornaments - I just love all my old ornaments from when my girls were little. Brings back so many memories.

Kristin said...

Glad you're feeling better! I've seen those bendy Santa ornaments....I think my MIL has one. Those are fun! I love your ornaments. And, I am feeling old because my first Christmas was in
'76! LOL!

Karen said...

Like you, we don't have any bizarre ornaments. So I posted some that I like. The little girl on your first ornament looks a lot like Holly Hobby. Remember Holly Hobby? Now that's a blast from the past!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Karen