12.08.2009

The {Sounds} of Christmas...

Happy Tuesday! I am linking up with Joye again for the 5 senses of Christmas! If you didn’t catch this wonderful meme last week you really should go check it out … so fun and a wonderful way to get into the Christmas spirit!

Today’s sense is the SOUNDS Christmas. There are so many wonderful sounds of the season that make me feel all warm inside: the fire popping and crackling, our cocoamotion whirling to make the perfect mug of hot chocolate, the ornaments tinkling when the cats brush against the tree, the TV playing Christmas movie after Christmas movie, and of course Christmas music! I love Christmas music, and I do make myself wait until Thanksgiving is over (but it’s tough!)

It’s very difficult to pin down one song that I would say is my favorite, but I love love love “We Three Kings.” There is just something about the wise men that has intrigued me. I think it’s the way they searched and believed before they even saw Jesus. I think it’s wonderful that they followed a star – they followed God – to a barn in Bethlehem. They dined with the ruler of the land (Herod) but did not submit to his deceit and

refused to lead him to the baby Jesus. They brought the most wonderful gifts they could to that barn and laid them before an infant. These old, wise, wealthy men worshiped a baby lying in a feeding trough. They humbled themselves, and think it’s just beautiful. They had seekers hearts.
They had been waiting a long time for this moment – anticipating it for years! I wonder how they’re hearts must have been pounding as they looked into the sky to see that star…
“O Star of wonder, star of night
Star with royal beauty bright
Westward leading, still proceeding
Guide us to Thy perfect light”

Don’t forget to visit Joye to read more about the sounds of the Christmas!

and Danielle is having a zingo tots giveaway!

11 comments:

Joye @ The Joyeful Journey said...

I love that song too! This is so beautiful--I could almost hear your fire crackling. I would so LOVE to have a fireplace!

And may we always keep that seeker's heart!

Debbie said...

Lauren, what a wonderful meme. I may need to check this one out for myself. The sounds of Christmas is intriguing. I love your take on this. I can almost hear the fire crackling in the fireplace and hear "We Three Kings".

Thanks for sharing these Christmas sounds with us.

Blessings and hugs,
Debbie

Alicia said...

I love the sound of a crackling fireplace and listening to Christmas music. The best!!

lori said...

Now you've got me thinking. I have some time today to just browse some of my fave blogs...I LOVE this! My favorite Christmas song....O Come, O Come Emmanuel (done upbeat...:))

Enjoyed it today!

I just need more lulls in the action to do this everyday! lol!

peace,
lori

Stephanie said...

I love how you said "they searched and believed before they even saw Jesus". I never thought of it that way before - what a beautiful picture of faith...following Him without fully knowing, understanding, or seeing where He is leading us. Thanks for sharing!

Amanda said...

I agree with Stephanie, I've never thought of it in that way before. It's such a neat way of looking at it.

Jennifer said...

LOVE the sounds of Christmas! I also love We Three Kings. There are so many beautiful and truly heart touching Christmas songs!

Darlene said...

Great post! I love that song too.
I really enjoy your blog - glad I found you!

He & Me + 3 said...

I love that song too. It is so neat that they searched & believed before they saw Him.
So true that Wise Men still seek HIM

Kate said...

I love that song too! One time for youth Sunday at my home church, my friend and I sang that as a worship song, but it was July!

Holly said...

Thank you for talking about the 3 kings! I think it is amazing too that they did not lisen to Herod.