12.26.2009

This message is brought to you by the letter...



This year John and I decided that we wouldn't buy each other Christmas gifts, but that we would give each other a much more special gift. This year we chose our son's name as a present to one another. We've had a short list, and have been talking about them off and on for awhile --- but we kept coming back to this one. We love it! Our son will be Tucker John (plus Ethiopian name). Yes, he'll have two middle names ... but that's not too uncommon, and we really wanted him to have a piece of his Daddy. : )

On another note ... one of our gifts this year from my parents was a wii! We've had a lot of fun with it already  and this morning we created our "mii's" ... John is tall and thin with brown hair and a green shirt to match his eyes. I am small and blonde with a pink shirt (fav color) and pigtails (even though I never wear them - John thought they looked cute haha). Then we created our little Tucker - bald, chocolate, big eyes, and a cute little mouth -- small and round just like a baby should be! : ) We've been playing as a family all day... Tucker and I beat Daddy in archery by a LOT! : )

Oh Tucker, we love you so much .... can't wait to hold you and kiss your sweet cheeks!!!

15 comments:

Alicia said...

What an awesome gift to receive!!

Aren't the Mii's so accurate? LOL!!

Have fun with it!!

Leigh said...

Love the name!! (and our kids will have three names too!)

It's so much fun to have names get picked out and get to refer to them by their names!!

Franchesca Cox said...

What a gift to give each other! I love the name, it's so special. Lots of love

Kristin said...

Awww!!!! I LOVE that name!! That's funny about the wii too. :D

Debbie said...

I love how you are anticipating the arrival of Tucker John into your household. Praise God for people with loving open hearts and homes like yours. It sounds like you had a good Christmas and I'll be following to hear the good news about when Tucker will be coming home.

Blessings,
Debbie

Brookie said...

Thanks for sharing Lauren. I'm so happy for you and John - and I love the name.

crittyjoy said...

What a wonderful name! And what a special gift :) I so cannot wait to hear more about sweet Tucker as you journey to bring your little boy home over the months.

So glad you are having fun with the Wii! I love how much fun everyone has had with those!

He & Me + 3 said...

That is awesome Lauren. I love the name and i think it is perfect to have John's name in there. WE love our wii too. Very fun and yes those miis are so cute. WAy to go mommy and tucker!

Jim and April said...

what a neat gift to eachother! So happy you figured out a name! What a cute name!

Alicia, The Snowflake said...

Oh how sweet! What a great name. I pray the 3 of you make many happy memories together!

Joye @ The Joyeful Journey said...

I LOVE the name!! And your little family of "miis" is just too cute! I can't wait to "meet" little Tucker!

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

Oh sweet friend, I just love the name Tucker! I am just so excited to be along on this journey with you and John. I pray nothing but abundant blessings on you both!

Love to you - Beth

Kristen Love said...

I love the name and I am so excited for you! Love, Kristen

Tracy said...

I am so glad that I came back to this post. Tucker...that is wonderful! It sounds like you have not missed a beat. I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas!

I can't wait to see the pictures that come with Tucker's arrival!

Blessings.

Darla said...

We love the name Tucker! We also love the 2 middle names idea. All six of my brothers have 2 middle names, and we decided to continue the tradition with our sons (in my family`s case the third name is the namesake, the first two are the `chosen` ones). So I don`t think it`s strange anyway, I think it`s perfect! Can`t wait to meet him!