1.05.2010

Baby Stuff and Birthday gifts!!

I wanted to share some pictures of all the cute things we’re acquiring for Tucker.


The very first thing we received for him was a super soft flannel receiving blanket from Amy. She has been such a blessing to us through this whole process, and we probably wouldn’t even be on this journey if not for her! She was praying for us in regard to adoption long before she knew we were considering it and long before we made our decision. It’s because of their decision to adopt from Ethiopia that we first considered Ethiopia ourselves … and now here we are: both on our way to Africa for our baby boys! Shortly after we decided to accept God’s call to adopt we received a package in the mail from Amy … it held a very sweet card with a donation to our funds (which is a big WOW considering they are saving up for their own little boy) and this brown blanket with jungle animals all over it. It will be the blanket we send to Ethiopia for Tucker to snuggle in after we get our referral, but before we can fly over. I am praying that Amy gets to give it to him personally when she flies over to pick up her son.

I shared about the baby book and my gift to John on his birthday in my post yesterday … so I thought I would share the pictures too. John was wonderful to me on my birthday yesterday!! He gave a heart shaped plaque that says “Jesus Loves Me” for the nursery … he knows I love polka dots and brown and blue together. Then I opened up a blue and brown romper with a star appliquéd to the front. When I flipped it over it had a small patch sewn on the back that says “Shine like stars in the universe… Philippians 2:25.” If you’ve ever received an email from me you know that verse is at the bottom of every email that goes out. I love it! You can read more about my feelings on that verse here – it’s one of my first blog posts! I couldn’t believe that John found an outfit that had that verse on it! God has amazing ways of showing His children how much He loves us!

You might remember my post when I talked about the overalls we bought a few weeks ago … they are so cute and I did promise a picture! The giraffe is the very first thing I bought for Tucker – on impulse – but I couldn’t help myself!! I got it the same day that Amy’s package came. : ) I think the giraffe, Amy’s blanket, and the plaque from John will go very well in the nursery with the jungle buds set from NOJO … we haven’t got it yet - but I’ll post a picture anyway! : )



Without further ado – the pictures…





The jungle tales bedding...

8 comments:

Rachel @ Future Pastor's Wife said...

Oh, Lauren I LOVE all your things! Tucker is going to look so handsome in all his goodies! :)

3 Blessings said...

I am crying...Tucker is so loved just like Elijah. I love thinking about the fact that Paul and I might be able to deliver Tucker his blankie. Serious tears...
Love and Hugs friend,
Amy

He & Me + 3 said...

What an awesome fun post. Those pictures & items go so well together you can see God's hand all over your adoption. I love when that happens & everything just begins to come together so perfect. His Perfect!
Precious gifts.

Jim and April said...

aww...such cute gifts and i LOVE the bedding!

Alicia said...

Aww! Those are all so cute, and perfect!!! Love the giraffe!!

Joye @ The Joyeful Journey said...

I LOVE that bedding! And the romper with the verse is just precious! I'm so EXCITED for you guys!! What wonderful birthday presents!!

Andrea said...

I love baby things! I especially love that little romper with the patch on the bottom - precious!!

Baby Gifts said...

Beautiful Collection of gifts.. I love it.....even my child also...