1.29.2010

CR: adoption bo boption fee fi fo foption!


I feel like I haven’t updated anyone on how we’re doing with the adoption process. Mainly that’s because we’re in the mundane paperwork part right now… and there is sooo muuuuch paperwork! It’s gets a little frustrating, but we know that it’s worth every second of it!


So, all we have left to do before our dossier is complete and we can get our number is:

Get our medical sheets signed/notarized that we’re healthy horses. Here’s the fun part … we just moved this summer. We hadn’t found a new family doctor yet. It’s not our signature that needs to be notarized… it’s the doctors. So, yesterday I finally found a doctor we feel good about. He can actually see us on Tuesday! The nurse I spoke with is a Christian (super nice and helpful!) She’s going to check the dentist office below them to see if they have a notary. If not, we have to bring one with us. : / There’s one who works in my department and has been notarizing all our signatures so far. I found out his favorite candy is kit kat bars… I’m thinking of bribing him.

We have one letter of recommendation done from my bff Heather … her words made me cry… so special! We need one more and are waiting on that.

We need to check our criminal background run by the local police station. We should have that finished next week.

Soooo… looks like the dossier will be done in the next couple weeks and we can submit it and GET OUR NUMBER!!!! We are hoping for something in the 20’s … but heard that it could be in the 30’s. That’s okay because God’s timing is perfect and he already knows who Tucker is and when he’ll be ready to come home to us! : )

Once we get that number we’re going to start on the nursery … I’ll have lots of fun pictures to share during that process!

Here’s a verse that has been motivating me and encouraging my walk…

“Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice.”
Proverbs 31:8-9

Visit Andrea for more of the caffeinated fun!

24 comments:

3 Blessings said...

So exciting. I think the Kit Kat bribery is a great idea :) Can't wait for you to get your number.
Blessings,
Amy

Jim and April said...

how exciting that your almost to the number part! Amy is right, the kit kat idea is awesome!

Cannot wait to see how you'll do the nursery!

Do you have to have a notary present when the doctors sign the medical form because we have to do that soon too!

Kristin said...

How exciting! It sounds like everything is coming along well. I love the kit kat idea :D

V said...

yay!! SO close! Did you get your FBI clearances back yet and home study report written up? Those 2 seem to be the things taking for-eeeevrr!!

Andrea said...

All of that work is going to be so worth it! And you and your hubby are going to be just awesome parents! Actually, you already are! ♥

Tracy said...

I can't wait to see your number! How wonderful that you are thinking of bribing someone. That is so funny considering that all of us know you are not made like that. I would love to see that post!

I am so excited for you! Come home, Tucker!

Wylie said...

Praise the LORD!!!
Wylie

Bobbi said...

So excited for you! Tiny question...what is the difference between a 20 and a 30? Is that weeks or months or...? Sorry, if that sounds dumb...Several of my friends have adopted but it was through a foster to adopt program...so this seems different to me. Hope your weekend is GREAT!!

Millers521 said...

Come on Tucker! We want to play with you :-) Love, your future BFF Christian Thomas

christinnjon said...

Sounds exciting! Hopefully it won't be much longer :)

Danise Delights said...

God's timing IS perfect! Many special prayers and blessings to you during this amazing new season in your life.

I found your blog when you commented on mine... so thanks! :)

Alicia said...

How exciting, Lauren! It sounds like things are moving progressively!!!

Franchesca Cox said...

Lauren, I am SO excited for you!! I can only imagine the paperwork must be a headache, but like you said, worth every bit of it :) I can't wait til you get your number and to see pics of that nursery!!

xx

Critty said...

Kit Kat bribery is a fab idea! :)

I am so excited for you to finish your paper work and I am praying for a low number! I know how your heart longs to meet your Tucker

Have a wonderful weekend!

Michelle said...

Chocolate is the universal bribe. Can't wait to see the pictures of your nursery.

Miracles from God to us! said...

Wow how neat all that God has done in your lives! My husband is also a youth pastor! I love the picture where your husband is baptising you! That is so neat how God works! Well hope that you get your number soon and can go quickly! Have a great weekend! God BLess, Heidi

Mich said...

How exciting! Here is hoping for a good number.

prayers and blessings

Katie said...

Hi there,
So exciting, yes the paper work!! It gets easier once you are done it is all worth it. Then comes the adoption tax refund another amount of paperwork, my advice go to a CPA on that one. So many places do not get it?? I know you are so excited!!

He & Me + 3 said...

This is awesome Lauren. I am praying for a low number:) So true..His timing is perfect.

Wylie said...

Hi Lauren! Please stop by my blog to pick up an award when you get a chance!
Wylie

Melinda said...

Yea for almost having your dossier completed! Its such a daunting task and I remember the mountain of paperwork we had to fill out. So happy for you that you're almost finished. You should throw yourself a party when the last of it is done :-)

Working on the nursery will make this whole process so much more real! I was actually painting in the nursery when we got the call that our Crista was born! I'll never forget it!!

Joyeful said...

Yeah!!! It's getting closer and closer!!!

Wife to the Rockstar said...

How exciting!!!! As a Mama to 4 adopted children, I LOVE hearing of families stepping out to take a precious one into their home!

Darlene said...

how exciting!!!!!!