1.21.2010

Going Home...

Here's where I'll be this weekend ....


doing lot's of this...



in here...

with these guys...


I can hardly stand the wait! We're leaving this afternoon and I am getting more excited by the minute! This is where John's heart was invested for 10 years ... and mine for 5 ... we love this place and these cadets. They're my brothers and I have missed them intensely!! It's been a painful separation since our move. VMI is holding it's Sacred Assembly this weekend and John is one of the speakers! We're leaving today for a marvelous 3 day weekend. Our hearts have never left this place, and likely never will. Even though we're 100% invested in our Youth Group and love them completely ... we still hold VMI in a very special place in our hearts. I wish I could adequately express how much we love and have missed this place and these guys!! I guess you can probably tell by the number of times I've said how much I love and miss them! haha

Anyway... please be in prayer for John as he finishes preparing his message. Keep the cadets and leaders in your prayers for this weekend -- pray that God would move in a mighty way in the hearts of everyone there!

"For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him."
2 Chronicles 16:9

11 comments:

Joyeful said...

I will be praying for him! What a great opportunity to share! I hope you enjoy your visit! My husband and I are going to be getting very involved with our youth group again (we were youth pastors for a few years) and our heart has always been with teens. We're excited to see where God is going to lead us! It's wonderful that you all are ministering to young people!

3 Blessings said...

Have a great trip and reunion with your friends.
Blessings,
Amy

Jim and April said...

Forgive me for not quite understanding, but what exactly is it and what did you do there when you were there? I'm guessing some kind of cadet/military school? hope you have a great weekend!

V said...

awesome..have a great weekend :)

He & Me + 3 said...

What an awesome opportunity for you both. I know you are so excited! Have a wonderful time & trip. I will pray.

Alicia said...

How exciting to go back!!! I'm sure they are just as excited as you are, Lauren!!

I'll be praying for your hubby, and that his message will speak to all their hearts!

crittyjoy said...

What a fun opportunity for you.

I hope you have an amazing weekend.

Prayers ascending.

Kelly said...

What an awesome opportunity! Hope ya'll have a wonderful time!

kara with a k said...

Have a wonderful time, I'll be praying for John!

dada said...

I can relate to the feeling of physically leaving a loving body of Christ and adapting to another (I know this doesn't even make sense because we are all a body of Christ, but you know what I mean by I know what you mean, right *grin*)

have a fabulous time there!

Meg said...

I am so excited about what God is doing at VMI this year. It has been amazing to be a part of it through my relationship with Karsten and some of the other Christian guys there. I really wish that I could have been there this weekend. Karsten told me about his conversations with you and John. I pray that he will use you both this weekend in ways beyond what we can see.