1.06.2010

WFW: Whiter than snow...



One of the downsides of moving south has been the lack of snow this winter. I hate the cold, but I love the way a fresh new blanket of white snow looks out my window (the key here is that I am inside - warm and cozy). Well, they are predicting a 50% chance of snow here tomorrow and I AM HOPING THAT WE GET SOME!

On a more spiritual note -- I love this verse! It tells me that I am not hopeless, and that no matter how much my heart has been dirtied with sin ... I can still be made clean. God can wash away all our sin ... every stain and spot! It's not just a one time fix either - I need to find myself at the foot of the throne daily (sometimes multiple times in one day) for a new cleaning session. But, that's okay. God knows that and He delights in giving my heart a much needed scrubbing!

For more Word filled Wednesday click here! : )

17 comments:

Bobbi said...

I had to chuckle when you said you were hoping for some snow...I complain that IN gets too little...cuz I grew up in upstate NY...I'm thinking they'd share some of theirs right about now! HA ha! The picture and verse are lovely!

3 Blessings said...

I love that thought too. So beautiful to think that we will be washed clean.
Blessings,
Amy

Rachel @ Future Pastor's Wife said...

So beautiful Lauren. Love your image!

Jenny said...

Thank you for this post! It's hard enough for me to sit at His feet once a day with 3 children to take care of, but I know that He is waiting for me to spend time with Him.

I am a yankee living in the south (Nashville) and there is a 100% chance of snow here tomorrow! Yipee!! I feel the same way as you do about it. I love the snow and miss it terribly.

http://sidac.blogspot.com

life's journey said...

Oh this makes me remember those old days of my life it makes me cry too. Thanks for sharing. Mine is up also.

Jim and April said...

come visit me and you can take the snow back with you! I am ok to give some away! We have lots here in ohio! :0) So glad that we can be washed white as snow because of the cross! So thankful for that!

From the Heart said...

A wonderful verse.

Alicia said...

Amen..so true!!

Makes me think of the worship song, "White As Snow."

Franchesca Cox said...

So true!

And hoping you get that snow, lucky!

Susan said...

This was awesome!!! Great word.

Enjoy your snow~


Hope you are having a blessed WFW!

lori said...

Lauren,
I've been praying and I just spent some MUCH needed time looking back a bit! I'm soooooooo happy for you guys!! What a year 2010 is going to be!

This image is gorgeous and it's a perfect WORD! I'm with you girl..if it's going to be 25 degrees in the deep south...how bout some snow!:)

Happy New Year! Peace along the way!

lori

OH, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Tucker!

crittyjoy said...

This is gorgeous.

Beautiful image....and Beautiful Word. That verse is one of my favorites.

We are hoping for snow too!! I pray we both get some! :)

Darlene said...

I loved thinking about that verse today. Today, we woke up to a dusting of pure white. I hope you get some snow!!!!

Willa said...

We have plenty snow here.
I love that verse too, it simply say that God ,regardless of how dirty we are can clean us to be as white as snow.

Cathy said...

Love your WFW ~

Bacolod and Beyond said...

Amen! We were washed indeed! Thanks for this great verse Lauren. Happy New Year!

Kaye Swain said...

What wonderful words of encouragement for WFW :) Thank you!