1.04.2010

What we've been up to...

I can’t believe Christmas break is over! It feels like it all passed by in a blur … and it did! We had a few relaxing days, but were mostly still pretty busy. A couple special/fun things happened that I’d love to share with you…


First, I got together with some of my best girlfriends from High School on the 23rd. We’re all pretty scattered across the country now, and don’t see each other often. It was so special to see these girls who I’ve known since I was thirteen! We all got together at my best friend Heather’s house for dinner. We decided not to do the traditional $15 gift exchange, but to spend $15 each on canned goods to donate to the food bank. When Tara suggested this it was just an added confirmation that I’ve got some pretty special friends. Then, they had a surprise for me. When the evening was wrapping up they all gathered around and instead of gathering bags of canned goods – they all handed me a check and said that they had decided they wanted to donate to our adoption fund instead. I have to admit I cried. It was so sweet and I am so thankful to have such generous and amazing friends. Here we all are… doting over Heather’s new son:


Second, we had John’s VMI roommates and their families in town this past weekend. It’s been a looong time since we’ve all been together and we had a blast! It was a giant celebration of New Year’s and birthdays (John’s Birthday was Thursday, Chad’s was Saturday, and mine’s today actually.) It’s so special to see how each couple has grown into the life God has planned for them. The funny thing is, we’re all working with Youth Groups! I don’t have pictures yet, but hopefully will get a few soon!

Of course you know that we picked a name for our little guy: Tucker. We also got a little book that we can put stories and pictures in called “My Baby Boy.” This special gift came from John’s brother and his wife. John’s birthday gift from me was a romper with a Lion on it that says “Wild About Daddy” and a bib that says “I love Daddy.” We’re getting more excited as each day passes. Our final Home Study appointment was WONDERFUL and we’re looking forward to the approval. We’re getting closer every day!

17 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Lauren,

What an exciting and awesome post. You had such a blessed vacation. You have an fabulous group of girlfriends. That was so thoughtful of them to donate to your adoption fund. True friends! Love what you got John for his birthday...so sweet.
Happy Birthday to you too my friend. May you have a blessed year. So glad the home study went so well. Moving full speed ahead!
Hugs,
Mimi

Monika said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!! I wish you - let your dreams will come true and your son Tucker will be with you soon!!! God Bless You!

Monika

Franchesca Cox said...

Happy Birthday, Lauren! You have some amazing friends to do that for you :)

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday!! Your friends sound amazing! Great friends are such a blessing!!

Kristin said...

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y !!!!! Hope you have a great day!! That is wonderful that your friends did that for you and that you're that much closer to your approval. Tucker is going to be one special and loved little boy!

3 Blessings said...

What great friends you have!!! Such a beautiful blessing for little Tucker.

Happy Birthday to you! That is so neat that you and John have birthdays so close to each other.
Blessings,
Amy

Lois Lane II said...

Awwww to everything in this post! Love the picture, and I love the name. =)

Leigh said...

Happy Birthday Lauren!!!

Just think, next year you will be celebrating your birthday with your awesome hubby AND your beautiful baby boy!

CC said...

Happy Happy BIRTHday to you. Enjoy. CC

crittyjoy said...

Happy, Happy Birthday sweet friend!

Sounds like you had a wonderful and blessed season :)

Jean Stockdale said...

Wonderful post. THanks for sharing. Blessings. jean

Faith Imagined said...

What wonderful friends!!! I love the name Tucker! It is perfect!!! I can't wait to see pictures of him!

Happy Birthday! 26 seems years ago for me. 8 years to be exact!

(: Alisa Hope

Brookie said...

Happy Birthday, Lauren. I knew your birthday was coming up, but I didn't realize it was so quick after the 1st. What an exciting year ahead of you. To God be the glory!

kara with a k said...

Happy Birthday, and happy belated birthday to your husband!

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas and New Years (what great friends you have, that is such a blessing!).

Alicia said...

That's so awesome to hear that the home study went wonderful!!! God is good!

And how blessed you are with your girlfriends!! Friendships like those are definitely priceless!!

And Happy Belated Birthday!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

What special friends Lauren. You are truly blessed.

Sounds like your Christmas break was divine.

Tracy said...

That is so beautiful. What amazing girlfriends!

Happy Birthday, yesterday! How exciting. What did you do? Are you going to let us see?