1.19.2010

Winter Retreat = Amazing!

I’m back from the retreat! Well, sort of. My body and brain feel like they’ve checked out permanently! My exact words in my email to my boss last night were “I feel like I’ve been hit by a truck.” It was an amazing time – but for 3 nights I only got a couple hours of sleep. Saturday was filled with soccer, football, and basketball (I haven’t participated in athletics for a loooong time). My body is yelling at me for it now! I don’t have much of a voice left, and my abs ache from laughing so much!

Josh is the best musician we know! He does all the worship for our youth and he also makes promo videos for our events. He is an incredible man of God and a great friend. His father is also the head pastor of our church. Here’s the promo video he made for our retreat …


It was an incredible time! I already can’t wait for next year! When my brain has a little more oxygen I’ll tell you more about the spiritual side of things … but for now I’ll leave you with the fun stuff. Let me just say that we have the best group of kids! They are so funny and creative – and LOVING! We did skits on the last night and one of the groups did a video for it … hilarious!!

Mike is the guy w/ the “Fresh” shirt on and he’s one of our youth leaders. Josh made the video – his wife is one of my closest friends. He does all the music for our youth group … he’s the one in the group with the “sick/nasty” moves. It all started when his brother Jed did some break dancing moves for us at about 1am Saturday … you have to be careful what you say/do on this retreat – it all becomes skit material!! Enjoy…

8 comments:

Jim and April said...

haha...these videos are hilarious! LOVE them and glad you had a great time! get some rest!

3 Blessings said...

too funny. glad you had a great time.
Blessings,
Amy

Kristin said...

How funny! I'm glad you had fun! I was laughing at the second video when he almost tore the curtain down with his foot. Ha! I feel so old now though :( LOL!

Alicia said...

I'm glad you had such a great time, Lauren!!!!

Millers521 said...

I have had many a fun time at this retreat center! That's too ironic. We used to take our leadership retreats here for the teen council when I was in the youth group. It's such a beautiful place in the winter!

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh my word that rap video was awesome. He is very talented.
So glad that you had a nice time and that you enjoyed yourself.
What a fun time!

Kate said...

What a fun time!!

Andrea said...

I'm glad you had such a good time!