2.16.2010

adoption update

It feels like I haven't updated about our adoption for awhile. You've all been so faithful to pray for us, and I want to be sure to keep you included. To be honest, this feels like it's taking FOREVER!! I know it's not, though. We only contracted with our agency 2 months ago ... but I am not known for being super patient. This week has been frustrating for us because there is only ONE THING standing in the way of us mailing in our dossier: our criminal history form. Our local state police office has a certain employee working for them who seems to want to be as unhelpful as possible. Yes, according to her they don't do that. According to her I need to contact the central office 2 hours away and pay a fee and wait 2 weeks for a report that our agency doesn't even want. I tried to explain, but she wasn't interested in listening. This is when I pray for patience. This is when I try to be as kind as possible, but scream in my head. So, I've contacted our case manager who suggested trying our local sheriff's office instead. I called them this afternoon and they didn't answer. So, our plan is to drive there tomorrow and hope that they can fill out the required form. It's so frustrating that the last thing we need is the one thing that's not going as smoothly as we hoped. Oh well, such is life! Please pray for us - that the sheriff's office would be more obliging than the state police.

Other than that there isn't a whole lot happening. We have agreed that we won't start working on the nursery until we get our number on the wait list. I am amazed that I've been able to stick to that agreement - but it has made me hurry all the more to get our paperwork done! : ) That, and the fact that I can't wait to meet our little guy! : )

On the fundraising side of things - God has been completely incredible to provide the funds for each payment as we need them! He is truly amazing! We currently have enough to make the payment that is due when we submit our dossier (the paperwork to get on the wait list). Praise God for that! While we are on the wait list we will work on raising the funds to make the payment that comes with accepting a referral (!!!) and the travel expenses. I have no doubt God will provide for our needs. If you would like to help get the word out - or would like to donate to our funds - simply direct folks to my blog and to the right side bar where our donation button is. And, please, don't forget to pray!! : )

"Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you."
Psalm 9:10


Here's one of the pictures we're submitting in our dossier ... what do you think? Do we look like we'll be good parents? I sure hope they think so! : )


23 comments:

nault's nook said...

Im so excited for you!!! Praying the rest of the paperwork goes smoothly! Oh sweetie! What a journey and yes that picture is fantastic!

Jim and April said...

your picture your submitting is beautiful! Amen about God providing funds that you need so far...he is doing the same for us ! He is so faithful, so good! How exciting...we seem to kind of be in the same area of the process as you guys! I understand about the waiting to do the nursery...if I had the time and money right now,...i would so do it...i cannot wait! :0)

Carrie said...

Lauren ~ Hugs to you today!! I know the paperchase can be so stressful! Just know that nothing can thwart God's plans!

Amy said...

How frustrating that you are waiting on ONE thing. You are so close though and that is exciting! We waited to start on the nursery until after we were waitlisted. Unfortunately we got it all done pretty quick and now we just wait :) I am trying to distract myself though :) It is nice to be able to walk in the nursery though and KNOW that our little guy will be there soon :)

Leigh said...

eek! we are going to a whole bunch of government offices tomorrow to get paperwork, probably shouldn't have read this until after tomorrow :)
Maybe i should take candy as a way to sweet talk them? or cookies? haha!

And I think you look like AMAZING parents!

Franchesca Cox said...

Praying that the last bit of paperwork goes smoothly. And I think you two will make wonderful parents! :)

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

Praying for you right now! God cares about every detail of this process. He is in every detail. Blessings to you! And, yes, precious picture!
Wylie

Kristin said...

Wow! That picture is wonderful! I hope that you have better luck with the sherriff's office! I will keep praying! Thanks for the update.....I love hearing about the whole process!

Kelly said...

I'm definitely remembering to pray for ya'll! Love the picture...ya'll look like you'll be super amazing parents!!!

Whitney said...

So glad you updated on the progress! It had been on my mind a lot lately wondering how it was all coming along. So glad to here that you are THAT close! Congratulations by the way! And the picture is wonderful!

Praying for you and your husband, good luck tomorrow!

Jennifer said...

Aww.. what a beautiful family photo! What a blessing that your needs and funds have been met each step of the way! God works in wonderful ways!!

Alicia said...

Wow, Lauren! God is good and He does provide!

I'll be praying regarding that last document. I can only imagine how frustrating that is for you both.

And I do love that picture. You are such a gorgeous couple!

He & Me + 3 said...

God's hands are all over this adoption. He will carry you through & provide for everything. It won't be long! Praying for you.

Critty said...

Gorgeous photo. You look like FABULOUS parents to be!

I am praying lots my friend. For the paper you need and a low number :) I am SO excited for you and your hubs!

V said...

We got ours done at our local police...that is ridiculous!!! Praying it all gets worked out soon :)

Monika said...

You are a beautiful couple!!! Thanks for sharing your adoption story!!! You wrote that you had contracted with your agency around 2 months ago and you don´t have enough patient...oh I need your patient, because our journey is tooooo long! We started with our papers on October 2009 and we still not finish it yet. And what I know, we will have to wait 2 years!!! But I believe God will help me with this long waiting, because He is a great! So good luck and God bless you!!!

When we get our approval paper (2-3 months - I hope), I will write more about our adoption process on my blog. For now it isn´t secret but some people don´t know about it.

Monika said...

Oh sorry for my english so I wanted to write patience - not patient :-)

Monika

3 Blessings said...

Great pic! I am so excited for you. We had trouble with that same form and our police dept as well. They ended up sending us to a state website to print our state criminal records (there were none :) and then we had to have those forms notarized.

It is so amazing how God provides. It is just taking that leap of faith and He takes care of the rest. Absolutely beautiful!
Blessings,
Amy

Kate said...

You look like wonderful parents!! Praying everything goes through with no hassles!!

Shannon said...

I agree you look like wonderful parents:-)
I will be praying for you Lauren!!:) I cant wait till you get your number and than we can see pics of your nursery:-)
hugs

Tracy said...

Not only good parents, but adorable parents.

I prayed for your form, so hang in there. I can't imagine the anticipation. I am so glad to hear about the finances. What a blessing!

christy rose said...

I think that you look like great parents! How could anyone think differently?
I will be praying that the criminal history form is quickly taken care of and you get a date for when you will get your sweet little boy soon. :)

Our Adoption Story said...

So happy to "meet" you! I look forward to following along. You're a great writer! Are you in Ky??
Jenny