2.26.2010

Caffeinated Randomness: I love my brother MORE!


Thank you so much for your sweet comments and prayers! I am feeling a lot better – not all together fine, but much better!
First things first – we will not be getting our number today … I know, boooo. We have not received our home study report back from AGCI. They are still reviewing it, and it’s taken a little longer than expected. That’s okay, though. I spoke our case manager and she said that we could expect our number next Friday - so just one more week… I can do that! : )
Once again, God is doing big things in my life that I am so excited about!! I'm not ready to share details yet – but it all intertwines with this post when I was feeling such despair and the Lord helped me through a difficult action. Well, things are steadily moving along in the direction I believe the Lord has for me. Keep praying – but also PRAISING! : )
Last but NOT least --- HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN!!!! My wonderful brother turns 19 today. I still remember the night my mom left for the hospital to deliver him. I remember dad coming home to wake us up in our bunk beds and tell us our brother was here. My sister and I loved him instantly and my mom tells us she would often walk into the living room to find us arguing with each other over who loved him more! Haha … here’s me and my brother all grown up now…

Head on over to Andrea's to get your caffeine fix!

13 comments:

Jenny said...

What a sweet picture! Hang in there as far as the adoption goes... it sounds like not much longer!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday to Kevin. Your little brother is so cute and I love the picture of the two of you.

Glad you are feeling better. Take care of yourself...it takes awhile.

This adoption is very exciting and I know it is hard to wait for the processes...but hang in there sweetie, it will happen soon.

Love,
Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

3 Blessings said...

Glad you are feeling better.

Can't wait to hear your number and the exciting news.

Happy birthday to your brother!
Blessings,
Amy

Critty said...

Sounds amazing. I am so glad you are feeling better....and next Friday is going to be here before you know it!

I am glad God continues to work in this situation.
He is so GOOD :)

Happy Birthday to your Brother!

Have a great weekend Lauren!

Tracy said...

I am so glad to hear that you are on the mend.

I will pray for this week. I am excited to see your number, too!

That is so special, your baby brother...well, not such a baby!

Natalie at Mommy on Fire said...

Oh I love it. I have a daughter and two boys and love to watch their closeness grow. While sometimes they are screaming at each other, the next moment they are laughing at a silly joke only the two of them understand. It's precious to me and I love to see it because I was an only child.
Your blog is wonderful and I am now following. What a road you have traveled - I will be praying for you sweet son.

Alene said...

Happy birthday to you brother!

If you'd like to join the Bible study that Alisa at Faith Imagine spoke of I need you to email me alene@alenesnodgrass.com and let me know. I also have a drawing for a free book.

Blessings friend.

He & Me + 3 said...

Only one more week? That is so exciting. I cannot wait to start counting down the numbers with you. Happy Birthday to your handsome brother:)
Have a wonderful weekend...glad you are a bit better.

Joyeful said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to your brother! And one more week to go! Yeah!!

Alicia said...

Yay, one more week! It will be here before you know it!!

Can't wait to hear what the Lord has been doing with you!!!

And Happy Birthday to your brother!!!!

christy rose said...

Happy Birthday to your brother!

Brit said...

Lauren,
You are amazing and God is using you to do incredible things! I'm always praying for you, John and Tucker! Can't wait to hear your number!

And Happy Birthday to Kevin :)

OceanDreams said...

My brother just turned 19 last year too! :) Nice picture of the both of you.