2.19.2010

Juicinated Randomness!

Since I'm not having coffee anymore for just a bit (taking a break for my health) and I am enjoying juice this morning, I decided to rename this meme (just for my blog though). : ) This will truly be a random post with some updates about what's been going on in my corner of the world.

First - remember when I said I was so frustrated because the lady at the state police office was so unhelpful when I called about our criminal background checks? (The story is here if you missed it.) Anyways, I called the sheriff's office ... no answer. I called a local police station ... no help. I called yet another local police station ... viola! The most helpful, polite, and kind policewoman directed me straight to the office that could help me! We went in yesterday on my lunch break and had both our criminal background forms completed and notarized in about 15 minutes. YAY!!! That was our LAST form to complete our dossier! Now we're just waiting on AGCI to send us our homestudy report so that we can sign it and the package goes off to get us our number! I am soooo relieved!

Second - We have our date night every Thursday night. It was so fun last night! We went to Baker's Crust and split our meal and dessert. (We don't eat a lot and it's so much cheaper that way!) Our waitress was so sweet and then when she was clearing our plates she said, "how long have you two been dating?" haha!! I was so surprised I said, "well, we've been married almost 5 years." She was completely shocked and her exact words were, "you guys are so cute - you look like a brand new couple!" John said that was the most wonderful compliment and he's right! We giggled about it the whole evening. I hope we still look "brand new" 50 years from now! : )

Third - please pray for my parents dog Kasey. He's the sweetest golden retriever mix in the whole world. He's only about 7 years old. They got him shortly after I met John. I lived at home for a year before we were married, so Kasey feels like my dog too. He slept in my bed with me every night and when we visit my parents and sleep there he still tries to wedge between John and I and inch John off the bed. He used to bark at John any time he hugged me as if to say "back off buddy - she's mine!" It's really funny, actually! Well, we just found out that he has canine lymphoma and the vet said he would be gone in about 6 weeks without treatment. I'm pretty heartbroken. My parents are going with the mildest possible chemo which will hopefully extend his life a little - but they aren't expecting more than a few months. Here's a picture of me, Kasey, and my siblings.
My sister Amber is on the left, I'm in the middle, and my brother Kevin is on the right. This was last summer in my parents backyard. Isn't Kasey the most beautiful dog?


Well -- that's it for today. Head over to Andrea's for some caffeinated randomness! : )

14 comments:

3 Blessings said...

I love that you renamed it :) So glad that God directed you to just the right person to help with that document. Can't wait for you to get your number!!!!!! YAHOO!
Blessings,
Amy

3rdofDecember said...

Between you and TJK it is a sad dog morning! : (

Kelly said...

I'm so glad you finally got the forms filled out! I'll be praying for your parents dog. How sad! He is a beautiful dog.

V said...

SO happy about that last piece of paper you needed. Next Friday maybe??!! Yay!

Kristin said...

Yay for your dossier almost being complete!! That is awesome!

That is so funny about the waitress....that is a wonderful compliment!

I said a prayer for Kasey. Lily is sitting here beside me and she said, "Awwwww.....what a cute little chihuahua!" LOL!!! I guess all dogs are chihuahuas to her, since that's what kind of dog we have :D

Hope you have a great weekend!!

Anna said...

What a sweet post. I am glad to hear the paperwork part has worked itself out and you are making steps forward. Just know if yours is anything like anyone elses adoption it will be filled with ups and downs! I hope you like roller coasters! I never have so lets just say this hasnt been the best adventure Ive been on. Just praying God does a miracle and we have little G home before the end of the year. We have a golden mix and I was just watching him sleep in a patch of sun in my dining room and thinking how beautiful he is. Prayers for yours.

Critty said...

Love the rename....I called it decaffeinated randomness last year since I gave up caffeine. Now it's just a way of life and I don't mind it at all!

YAY for a complete dossier. Praying you get a low number my friend ;)

Praying for sweet Kasey. My heart breaks for you and your parents. Dogs are so special.

Tracy said...

I am so sorry to hear about Kasey. You know that I am saying that from my heart.

My vet told me about that low dose chemo. She really wants us to sit down about it, soon. I am so sorry.

I get the crying thing. Here I go, again. Kasey is beautiful!

He & Me + 3 said...

That waitress did give you the best compliment. True love shines through!
How exciting for you to be one step closer to getting that number. Woo hoo!
Kasey is beautiful and I will pray for him. Sweet doggie.
Have a blessed weekend!

Alicia said...

I told you that you guys were cute!!! :)

That is a compliment, really!!!

And poor doggy!!! Makes me sad!!!!

Andrea said...

Oh, that's so sad. I'm sorry about Kasey. Sigh.

Meg said...

So happy to hear that step in the adoption process is complete, i know it must be a great relief! God is so faithful, even when we are not so patient.

And I just loved your second random thought--so cute! I love to see couples who are so in love and maintain that freshness about their relationship, it is certainly a great thing to see in a Christian marriage! I hope that Karsten and I will be the same way. :)

Joyeful said...

That really is THE best compliment!! You two sound so wonderful!! Way to show the world that marriage can be such a beautiful gift!

And I'm praying for your parent's beautiful dog. That's so hard to go through. They really do become such a part of the family.

christy rose said...

I am so sorry to hear about Kasey. that is so sad. We lost a golden retriever just before Thanksgiving last year. He was 13 years old. We are not sure how he died exactly; he just got sick and could not get up one day and was gone before the day was over. It was so sad.

I am so glad about your dossier being complete. Yay! Now onward you go!! :)