2.18.2010

light, bright, and beautiful!

When the church showed us the house that we would be living in we were completing amazed! It's truly just the most incredible blessing from God. Our home is even bigger than the one we owned before we moved and it has an attic AND a garage! One of my complaints was always that we never had enough storage space ... not so anymore! We are continually amazed at God's provision and love our home. But, one of the downsides is that our house doesn't get much natural light. It just happens to be the way the house is situated and the placement of the windows. A few months before we moved in last summer they repainted the entire house beige. Trim and everything. There were a few rooms that had wood trim, and the cabinets were all wood too. I am a light and airy kind of girl, so I couldn't wait to get in there and paint!!

The first weekend we were there our bedroom was transformed from beige blah to a pale green with white trim, closets, and doors. It makes me so happy to wake up in such a beautiful room! : ) A few weeks ago we transformed our dining room - you can view the photos here. I absolutely love the results! The next weekend I painted one of our living rooms (yes we have 2!) a similar light blue and made the trim all white. We have a white arm chair and an aged white coffee table in there too. I don't have pictures yet -- but they're coming! My next goal is the kitchen. The wood cabinets are driving me CRAZY - I want them to be white, but I know it's a huge job. I was searching the web for inspiration and found this picture...
I am in love... isn't this the most perfect kitchen sink you ever saw?? How cute is that curtain?? And the white and yellow together ... perfection. So my next project is to paint all the cabinets white ... good thing I enjoy painting!

While we're at it - here are a few more pictures I found during my google search for inspiration:

Our bedroom is just a little bit lighter green - but this is so close! I love the little end table here!
This little breakfast room makes me want coffee and muffins right this moment!

Okay - serious coveting is happening right now!! I absolutely adore this craft room! I just know I could get all sorts of things accomplished if I had a room like this!! I love the lamp on the work table ... super cute!!

The fun thing about making a house our home is that I can look at all these pictures and figure out how to create a similar look with just a little paint and things that we already have. It's so much fun!

17 comments:

Franchesca Cox said...

Makes me want to paint too!!! The pictures are seriously lovely!!! I LOVE the craft room.

Kristin said...

I sure wish you lived near me, because I hate to paint and I'm tired of my boring tan walls. Ha! All of those rooms are so pretty.

nault's nook said...

Oh the magic that would happen if I had a craft room!! Sigh...
Thanks for the pictures :)

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

I love what you've done to the place. The light and airy look is more my style too. Simply beautiful.

Blessings,
Debbie

He & Me + 3 said...

Those pictures are very inspirational. I love the designs. So true about a little paint. I can't wait to see what you accomplish.

Melinda said...

We must have similar tates...I love each one of those rooms. Especially the craft room :-) Looking forward to seeing what you create in your own home! Keep us updated!

Millers521 said...

Great minds think alike! I'm in the process of updating my kitchen too (slowly but surely-with a 5month old!)...and I doing it in Blonde Beauty and white too! With turquoise ( you know how I feel about this color) and lemongrass green accents. I'm soooo excited! Lu you!

Anna said...

I agree! I started painting my 30+ year old cabinets white and replaced the hardware. It was alot of work! I had to rehand the bottom doors for fall/winter because we got SO MUCH rain that I couldnt get it done. A garage wouldve helped. As soon as spring is here they are coming off the hinges and I am getting it done! Im wanting a farmhouse sink too! SO beautiful.

Critty said...

I love light and airy. It makes me think of the coast and the beauty found there...or a garden on a sunny day :)

Love the inspiration photos...gorgeous!

Critty said...

I love light and airy. It makes me think of the coast and the beauty found there...or a garden on a sunny day :)

Love the inspiration photos...gorgeous!

Joyeful said...

I love all these pictures!!! That kitchen is fabulous--I'm so in love with white and yellow--it's just such a happy combination. And that CRAFT ROOM! Oh my. Be still my heart : ) Right now I'm in a little corner of our bedroom and my craft stuff has literally buried me. I'm trying to organize what I can right now--but oh to have space like that! Beautiful!

Monika said...

Wow, I love the idea with breakfast room - blue and white colors together, beautiful!!! Just like your living room! Oh, and I can imagine have this craft room... :-)

I´m curious about your other pictures!!!

Tracy said...

I cannot wait to see what you do with this paint! Your pics are fabulous. I can feel the inspiration from my monitor. I wonder what I could paint this weekend?

Faith Imagined said...

What a blessing! Sounds like you are having fun making this house your home!

pk @ Room Remix said...

You found some great inspiration images and it will be fun to see how you translate them into your own space! Hope you had a good weekend.

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Ok, this is SO me! I LOVE the shabby chic, cottage look too.

We are in the planning stages of remodeling our kitchen, and guess what? That is the sink I'm getting!

We need to compare notes!!!