2.09.2010

That's What Faith Can Do...

Whenever I hear this song on the radio I immediately think of God encouraging and motivating me to run hard toward the finish line. I can get tired and discouraged by the trials that come my way. Sometimes it seems as if there are mountains that are unshakable. But it's then that I realize I cannot fully comprehend the power of my God and the power of faith as small as a mustard seed...

Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes and make a new beginning
Anyone can feel the ache
You think it’s more than you can take
But you are stronger, stronger than you know

Don’t you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining

I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn’t ever end
Even when the sky is falling
And I’ve seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That’s what faith can do

It doesn’t matter what you’ve heard
Impossible is not a word

It’s just a reason for someone not to try
Everybody’s scared to death
When they decide to take that step
Out on the water
It’ll be alright

Life is so much more
Than what your eyes are seeing
You will find your way
If you keep believing

I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn’t ever end
Even when the sky is falling
And I’ve seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That’s what faith can do...
~Kutless~


11 comments:

Critty said...

I always think of mustard seeds when I hear this song! My Pappy gave me a necklace with one mustard seed in it when I was a young girl and it now resides in my jewelry box...always. When I hear that song it reminds me of the amazingness of our God....and just what our faith in Him can do!

Whitney said...

I love love love this song! I actually just posted some of the lyrics as my Facebook status this morning! Isn't it amazing what faith can do?

Tracy said...

That is what faith can do. Isn't it great to look at your own story and see the truth in this song? Thanks for sharing.

Jim and April said...

love this song!

Franchesca Cox said...

Lovely post Lauren. I've never heard that song but the lyrics are awesome. Thanks for sharing this.

natali said...

i love this song, too!

Kate said...

I LOVE that song!!

Kristin said...

No way, Lauren....I am freaking out right now! I keep waking up singing this song lately, it keeps popping into my head, even though I rarely listen to the radio and I don't have this CD. I keep meaning to come write it down, to look up all the words, or look up a video on youtube, and just keep forgetting. Then I saw the title of your post on my sidebar and was like, no way is she doing a post about that song! I even keep forgetting it and then I'll think to myself, what is that "faith" song I keep singing? And I'll remember that it goes "that's what faith can do". That's really the only part of the song I know.

Now that I'm reading all the words, I think it might be a message! I about died when I saw that it says everybody's scared to death when they decide to take that step out on the water. You see, I have been terrified to go any further with adoption because I am terrified to fly across the ocean. I honestly don't know if I can do it. You just have no idea....I think this might be another one of the many signs I've been getting lately. Wow....amazing!

I truly could not make this stuff up, it's so unbelievable the things that have happened this past week!

Alicia said...

I love Kutless! I saw them a couple of years ago at a Harvest Crusade!

Anna said...

Thank you for posting it in its entirety. I have been singing it alot lately too! I had that same necklace as a little girl. I wonder whatever happened to it? I was thinking the other day how many songs that are popular have been ministering to me where we are. God is faithful isnt He!

Anonymous said...

I didn't see this until early this morning and posted the lyrics on Facebook to a bunch of women who I felt would appreciate it as much as I did... can I just tell you that it was EXACTLY what many of them needed today? Our God is awesome, and knows just what we need and will make provisions for us. I praise Him for working through you and then allowing me to pass it on to others. Thank you!