2.24.2010

Too bad....

This is how I spent last night...

(minus the super cute pj's and slippers...) I tossed and turned and tried my hardest to get comfortable and just could not succeed. I did succeed however in keeping my husband up, who very sweetly got me some motrin and juice, and rubbed my back while I tried to go back to sleep... at 2am. This man deserves a medal.

So now I feel very very TIRED as I sit at my desk and try to concentrate on work... all the while wishing I was home doing this...
again - with the cute pj's! Too bad I haven't been able to find my heating pad since we moved. Too bad I have to work. Too bad we've got Youth Group tonight and it's a special one and I really want to be there, so I won't be staying home. Too bad I've got endometriosis that occasionally (or frequently) delivers a cyst to the front porch of my ovary. Too bad over the counter meds don't really help. Too bad too bad too bad.

BUT  - SO GOOD... 


"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

15 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

oh Lauren...My BFF has that too. She struggles with so much pain. I will be praying for you today that you feel better and that the pain ceases. Have a good day.
Hugs,
Mimi

Alicia, The Snowflake said...

Great scripture! May you have a blessed day despite the pain. I do hope you start feeling better soon. Take care my friend!

Kristin said...

I really hope that you are feeling better soon! Praying for you!

3 Blessings said...

I hate to hear you are in such pain. I am so sorry. Praying for you now.
Blessings,
Amy

Joyeful said...

Oh no, that's horrible!! So uncomfortable, too. I'll be praying that you feel better and can go to your youth group tonight!

Franchesca Cox said...

I hope you get to feeling better, Lauren!!

CC said...

Praying right now Lauren. CC

Monika said...

Oh Lauren, I hope you feel better soon! I´m praying for you!!!

SnoWhite said...

what a great verse... despite a not so great night. hope you are feeling better.

by the way... a makeshift heating pad... throw some rice inside a sock. It's amazing.

Kelly said...

Oh girl, I'm so sorry! I have endometriosis and know how horrible the pain is! I'll definitely be praying for you. I haven't had any trouble with it since getting pregnant {which was a miracle in itself} but Bible verses are what helped me the most when dealing with the excruciating pain.
{{hugs}}

Alicia said...

Hi Lauren. I'll be praying for you! I know that God will sustain you!!

Tracy said...

I am so sorry that you felt bad. I am giving your husband a prayer medal right now. Hang in there, Lauren.

He IS so good!

christy rose said...

I am so sorry! Hope you feel better quickly!!

nault's nook said...

endo is no fun!! so sorry you are hurting!! praying for God's healing hand!

Tea With Tiffany said...

Goodness, sorry to know you struggle with this. I know friends with this condition. They tell the same pain. :( Hope you have a good night.

Peace to you!