2.06.2010

The twins are four!

Happy Birthday Alex and Avery! We can't believe you're four years old today ... amazing. To us you'll always be two. You'll always have sweet little cheeks that are irresistibly kissable. You'll always love motorcycles, dinosaurs, hunka munka, yogurt, legos, cuppies, and kitties. You will always be two to us. You'll always have soft blond hair and sweet green eyes. You'll always love bath time and books and snuggles. You'll always be bright and happy at 7am. You'll always love car rides, the beach, and wrestling with Daddy John. We'll always love you and you'll always love us and forever you'll always be two.


My heart aches for you boys. You'll always be held there. I still dream of you ... dreams that are so real that I think I can actually feel you in my arms. I miss you more than I can express. It's a loss I'll probably never fully recover from. I pray for you. I pray that God is protecting you and that you'll grow up to be incredible men of God. I pray that I could see you again ... if not here, then in heaven. Until then ... I hold you in my heart forever...

11 comments:

Debbie said...

I came across your blog from reading your interview on blessed. I plan to visit again. I am sorry for your loss and pray God will help you through this. God bless, Deb

Leigh said...

I know today is tough day for you, praying for your heart and praying for your precious boys! i cannot imagine but i know the time they spent with you was such a blessing for them!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Lauren,

I just went and read the other post. What sweet sweet boys. OMGosh I was tearing up when you had to buckle them up to leave and then what Avery said...They are so cute and beautiful. I know that they did change your life forever. I understand how you must miss them so. I can tell by your words how much they are in your heart.
Happy Birthday Boys.

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh, I'm totally crying, because I just read the other post for the first time!!!!

Amazing how the Lord spoke to you through Avery, and reassured you that He would be with them!!!!!!!

I'm sure you think of them all the time! How could you not.

Happy Birthday twins!!

Critty said...

Happy Birthday Twins!

Sending you big hugs today Lauren.

I love that they will always carry the knowledge of you and your hubby and the love that you showed them. You planted amazing seeds into their lives.

Kristin said...

That was so beautiful, Lauren! The gift you gave those precious boys, the gift of knowing Jesus, is the most priceless gift and I have no doubt that the Lord placed them in your lives for that reason. What a beautiful blessing you must have been in their lives. Will you ever be able to get updates or anything like that to know how they're doing?

christy rose said...

I came over from Joanne's at Blessed. I am so overwhelmed with feeling your heart in this post and the one that you linked here when the twins were 3. What a plan that God had for you and them. I am following you now. I would like to be a part of seeing God work even more miracles in your life. It was great getting to know you a little bit today.
Christy

Barbara said...

I found your blog thru your interview with Blessed. My heart goes out to you in your loss, Can't wait to read more of your postings.

Alicia, The Snowflake said...

OH how incredibly sweet and sad all at the same time. Thank you for sharing these precious twins with us. I pray they had a blessed birthday.

Tracy said...

Lauren, you are deep and wide. I pray these things for you, too. It makes me that much more excited for Tucker.

Blessings on this day!

nault's nook said...

what a beautiful post. Im so sorry for this loss. I know they will always remember you and know...
People come into our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime, but never by accident.