3.05.2010

Caffeinated Randomness: The end zone...

Okay, so I wasn't going to post until we got our number - but yesterday I was soooo blessed to receive news about the top 100 ... well, you know cause you can scroll down and read it! haha I've got to post again with a couple things on my mind! Plus, it's Friday, which means caffeinated randomness with Andrea ... so I've got to post! :P Also - mimi is having a great giveaway - you've got to check it out here! : )

First - please pray for me today! I am sooo excited/nervous! If anything at all is wrong on our paperwork then we have to fix it and wait yet another week for our number. So, we're praying for NO mistakes and a number in the low 30's please! : ) We won't get the call until later today because we're dealing with a 3 hour time difference. The agency's on the west coast ... and we're on the east. So while I am begging the minutes to tick by just a little faster - they're still asleep in their beds over in Oregon! **sigh**

Second, and most importantly, I heard the most wonderful thing the other day. I started exercising last weekend (yes I know it was on my goals list for January, but hey I got it in just before February passed so I'm not doing too bad!) Anyway, I am doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It's a 20 minute super intense workout that you're supposed to do everyday. I have been successful so far ... 6 whole days! : ) So, while I'm watching the video on the first day Jillian is talking and motivating us. It's right in the middle and I'm pretty tired already and she says, "Don't give up on me - when it starts to hurt, that's when it matters the most. That's when change happens. Your body won't change without stress." So there I am in my living room doing static lunges with a bicep curl and my eyes are filling with tears and I'm about to bawl! In a moment I just heard that as God's voice to me over the years. "Lauren, don't give up. I know it hurts. But this is where growth is happening. This is a crucial time. This matters so much! You cannot change to be more like me unless you go through this suffering." I have known this truth in my heart for quite some time. But, God reveals it to me in new ways that brings it back to life for me. I needed that reminder. I needed to hear it again. I am abundantly thankful to my Father for using something as crazy as a workout DVD to remind me that the pain and hardships I experience in this life are bringing me closer to him. They are making me more like Jesus. It reminds me of that scene in Facing the Giants - the football guy is doing a blind crawl to the 50 yard line, but makes it to the end zone. He can't see anything - he has no idea how far he's gone. For all he knows he would still be at the 20 yd line. But his coach is right there next to him yelling "don't give up!! don't you give up on me! I know you can do it! I want all you've got!" When the kid finally collapses in exhaustion with his face in the ground, his coach says, "look up -- you're in the end zone!" I bawl my eyes out through that whole scene. It's such a perfect picture of life in this world. It's hard! But God is right there coaching us through - wanting all of us - until we make it to the end zone. I want to live my life in a way that pours out ALL of me for Christ. I want to give everything so that when I make it to the "end zone" I know I'll hear my Coach say, "Well done, good and faithful servant..." Matthew 25:21

22 comments:

Jim and April said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! I SOOO agree...i love when you said... "Lauren, don't give up. I know it hurts. But this is where growth is happening. This is a crucial time. This matters so much! You cannot change to be more like me unless you go through this suffering." God has been reminding me of this lately too and of the verse in James 1 that says the trials and testings of our faith will produce endurance and I love that because endurance will help us to run the race as we are being conformed into the image of Christ!

I LOVED Facing the Giants too! I love that scene, its gets me every time too! Hoping you get on the # list soon !

3rdofDecember said...

What a beautiful lesson, Lauren. I, for one, needed this today!

Monika said...

Lauren, you have only 3 hours difference? I´m nervous like it is my number and I´m waiting with you from morning. But you have morning now and here is 3:40 in the afternoon :-)) Loooong waiting for me, but I´m soooooo excited :-)))

I´m praying for you, that your papers will be perfect and you will get your NUMBER!!!

Kristin said...

I LOVE that scene in the movie!! It makes me cry too to think of the Lord standing beside me, cheering me on. Thank you SO, SO much for this post today! It is so easy to forget to look at the Lord that way, but it's so true. And I love it that He will use things that we would never expect to speak to us!! Awesome! I can't wait to hear what your number is.....I'm excited about that!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Can you believe that I still have not seen Facing the Giants? I need to watch it. WE have it...
So cool that God spoke to you through Jillian:) I love how He can use anything to get His point across to us.
Praying for you today.
Hugs,
mimi

christy rose said...

I balled my eyes out just reading about you telling about that part in the movie. What an inspirational analogy! God loves us so much!!!
Praying the time passes quickly for you today and that you hear the news that you desire to hear!!! Have a wonderful day!!

Traci Michele said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that workout! What a perfect analogy! Life is hard, but the results are worth it!

God bless you, friend! Praying with you over the details of your adoption!

Traci

V said...

Im doing the 30 day shred too! love it...and love facing the giants...can't wait to hear your number, I just KNOW you will be right behind us!!! :)

Angela said...

I know it hurts. But this is where growth is happening. This is a crucial time. This matters so much! You cannot change to be more like me unless you go through this suffering.

I think of Romans when I read this..'this present suffering is NOT even worthy to be compared to the glory that will be revealed to you (in you and through you)in Christ Jesus.

This blessed my spirit greatly and a message that has strengthened and encouraged me..

congrats on the being nominated top 100!

RCUBEs said...

I'm just learning new things about you but I'm praying for the Lord to grant your desires according to His will. Isn't He awesome that He constantly reminds us of His presence, even with you doing your workout? I remember I was on the treadmill one time and as if He whispered when I wanted to give up, "Keep walking. Because of Me, you can go for more miles now..."

God bless you and may His protection continue to cover you and your family. Be strong in the Lord's mighty power!

Bobbi said...

Whoa...truly ONLY you come up with awesome stuff like that out of an intense workout program. Very neat...think I'm gonna write it down and put it on the fridge for a bit! Happy CR...and congrats on being a blessed aroma!

3 Blessings said...

Beautiful post Lauren. Oh, I remember the day we got our call that we were on the list. I think they waited until the minute they were about to walk out the door that evening to call us. I was going nuts! I hope they call you before the last minute of the work day :)
Blessings,
Amy

Natalie at Mommy on Fire said...

Isn't it so funny how He will use ANYTHING at all to communicate with us? He pops up all around me.

Praying for an early thirties number. Please keep us posted!

Congrats on your wonderful, well-deserved award!

Critty said...

I am on pins and needles over here waiting and oh so Excited for YOU!

Oh what a beautiful God moment....He shows up everywhere doesn't He? With His glorious Love.

YAY! Congratulations on your top 100! I cannot think of a better category for you P31 woman :D

Shelly said...

I just found your blog! Congrats on the adoption journey... it looks like we are on the same pace for our babies! Our agency told us we could NOT post about fundraising on our blogs or we would be disqualified from the adoption process. I so don't want that to happen to you. Make sure to check with your agency!
Blessings,
Shelly

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh, that movie is one of our favorites!!! Love it!

My friend is doing the shred video and she couldn't move after day 2..lol. But, she is sticking to it!

And I'll be praying, too, Laruen!!!

Mc Allen said...

ohhhh you got me. I thought I made it with our even a tear.. But, alas no. Thsi was such a great post and I wont soon forget that story. Your right, Gos is always cheering us on!! what a great reminder... xoxo LA

Karen said...

I love "Facing the Giants." It is such an awesome movie. And congratulations on the Blessed Aroma award!

Franchesca Cox said...

So beautifully put Lauren. God is so sweet to remind us in the little things. xx

Karin Katherine said...

I just got back from Israel where I was on a Holy Land Tour with our church.

You are so right, the work we must do here is hard. But oh so worth it.

Kyle Kraft said...

Great post Lauren. Good reminder to keep focus on Jesus and look for His purpose in our pain. Awesome truth and encouragement!

Thank you for your comment on my blog through Ab's blog party. You were one of two commenters (the other was Lynnette:). I so don't rock!

Have a blessed day, and I hope you hit number 1!!!

Liz said...

Thanks for your words of encouragement on this post. I'm going through some suffering right now, probably one of the most difficult trials of my life, and as the weeks go by it's getting harder to remember God's love for me.

I love that scene with the blind crawl. I cry when I watch it, too. It is the perfect picture of going through pain only to reach the other side and can't believe how far we were able to go with God.