3.24.2010

A New Season is Beginning...

Yes! Spring is marching is beautiful self right into my life! In more ways than one. We do have one lone daffodil in our front yard (we've lived here less than a year) and I love looking at the neighbors yard ... filled with beautiful yellow blooms! Next year that will be us ... just got to plant those bulbs! The trees are starting to blossom and the grass is getting green again. I can feel the growth, renewal, birth, excitement...

Not only is God doing His marvelous work in creation - He's doing it in my life right now too. How fitting, for this change to occur at the onset of spring and the 6th anniversary of my salvation! : ) Yes, I came to Christ at the end of March 2004 ... oh happy day! The song "Oh, How He Loves Us" is swirling in my heart right now. So, what is God doing in my life that is so wonderful? Well, here's the story:

Remember this post from several weeks ago? Remember how I begged you to pray for me as I was out of resources and at the end of myself? God had been making it clear to us that something in my life had to go. After making a list of everything I had on my plate - then arranging them in order of priority - then praying about it... the solution was more than clear.

My job had to go. 

It was time to resign my full time position. I am spending 9 hours a day away from home Mon - Fri. We have youth/church related events regularly in the evenings. Somehow I am supposed to be able to do all this and still do the cooking and housekeeping. Oh yea, and finish our adoption paperwork, prepare for motherhood, invest myself into my marriage, and have regular time with the Lord. Since there aren't 48 hours in a day, I couldn't handle it. I was overtired, stressed, and beat down. I felt like I had so much on my plate that I couldn't do well with any of it. I felt like a failure in every area. But, not anymore.

God has shown me that He will provide for our every need as He always has. I resigned my position several weeks ago, before we found out about the added trip to Ethiopia ... I panicked for a minute, then remembered that we are in God's will - so He'll provide a way!

My last day is March 31st. One week from today. April will bring a new season. I season of refreshment, refocus, renewal, and growth. I will have the time to invest in the things God has asked me to. I am so excited!!

Will you join me in praising God for His faithful guidance?

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."
Matthew 11:28-29

19 comments:

Tracy said...

I am so happy for you. That is such a huge decision! It does wonders to devote that time to home and family. We have made the same decision and God has blessed our trust so much. I cannot wait to hear where this takes you. Congratulations!

He & Me + 3 said...

That is awesome Lauren. I love it when you make a decision with God's help and you just have that peace that surpasses all understanding and you know that you know you are in His will and everything will be taken care of. He is so cool like that!
Hugs,
Mimi

nault's nook said...

I'm so happy for you!!I read somewhere that if you allow yourself to be in a position where God HAS to provide, then that is where growth really happens. Miracles too. I have seen the Lord provide financially in ways that are inconcievable. He will bless your obedient heart!

Kristin said...

Lauren,

I am so happy for you!! I wondered if that might be what it was. You do sound so happy, peaceful, and ready for this new season. I know that God will provide everything that you need to bring Tucker home and to continue to do His will for your life.

Amy said...

Wow! That is a great move. I have felt the same way but I guess I don't have the same level of faith that you have. I am still trying to figure out what to do after the baby comes home. I am planning on quitting but possibly working a few hours a week - we will see what God has in store. I can't wait to have TIME!

Jim and April said...

how awesome! So happy for you! Do you have any ideas of what you want to do with your time now that you are quitting your job?

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Sounds like a very good decision; I'm living proof that God provides for our every need. I've been out of the work force for years and haven't missed a thing... not a thing! You can live on less, and with your creative bent, I can just imagine how God is going to bless the work of your hands.

peace~elaine

Carol Conway-Fleisher said...

Sounds like you are following God's will. I have been out of work for a couple of years and God has provided for our family in ways I could never imagine. I can't wait to see how He is going to use you in new and exciting ways.

klarsen said...

He will provide a way for us in all situations and circumstances and I do praise Him for this! I pray for a wonderful new journey for your family!

Love,
Katy

3 Blessings said...

So happy for you. :)
Blessings,
Amy

OceanDreams said...

Glad this worked out for the better for you and trusting in God will lead to many amazing things!

Lara said...

Yay for you! June 4 my teaching days are officially over and I feel similar feelings to what you have described.

Alicia said...

Lauren, I bet you can't wait till that day! I bet a huge load feels like it has been lifted off of your shoulders.

Critty said...

As I have prayed for you the last few weeks I focused in at times on your job not really knowing why. But He did. Wow. I am so happy/excited for YOU! I know it will be an adjustment but oh the lives you are going to touch.

I am glad you will not be as weary and run down. Enjoy the coming new season. It is going to be wonderful.

<3

carissa @ lowercase letters said...

this is so exciting! the Lord is going to show His provision for you in mighty ways!!!

Andrea said...

Yay!!! Honestly, I've been praying that for myself. I want more time to focus on serving Him, and work just gets in the way. But my husband thinks differently. So far. Also, I kind of just want God to end my job for me, because I am too chicken to quit again (have I mentioned this is the THIRD job I have had with the same employer? :P).

I am so happy for you! God is going to do amazing things in your life - not that He isn't already!

Barbie said...

I am so excited for you! What a step of faith but I know that God will provide for your every need. I know all about working, being a mom, wife, doing ministry -- I do it all. I work for the Pastor at my church and couldn't ever conceive of leaving, but some days I wish I could be home. I will be praying for your adoption. That is so exciting!

Kristen Love said...

Good for you! Trusting God with big decisions like this is not easy! I am so proud of you!!!
I closed my private practice last November and took a job that is paying me half as much money---but I get off at 4:40, it is work I can leave at the office, I spend more time with God and with my family, and I am much happier!!!
God will provide everything you would ever need :-)

Lynda Young said...

This is an exciting time for you. God has His guiding hand in your life. Many blessings to you.