3.15.2010

Not a Proverbs 31 Woman ... Not Me! (seriously)

I thought this would be a fun new meme to join in on today. (well, new to me anyway – not so new to the blogging world). I thought it would be especially funny because you all voted my blog in the top ten Proverbs 31 category … I will effectively blow that thought right out of the water today!

So… I would never ever let about a month’s worth of clean laundry pile up in the “guest room” to the size of Mount Everest … to the point where I had to put on a movie and bring out batches in phases and it took me about 3 hours to get it all folded … nope I would never do that – not me!

I would never take down my Christmas decorations in the appropriately allotted time (early January), but stash them all in the corner of the same guestroom with the laundry and realize it’s mid-March and the decorations still haven’t made their way to their designated boxes in the attic… not me!!

I would never sit in church feeling cranky about something – then hear a sermon convicting me of that very thing – and still feel cranky about it after the service ended. I would never let the enemy win by falling victim to his all-too-routine attacks that frequent my heart on Sundays. I would never fail to recognize my vulnerability in this area and find the same thing happening time and again … not me. No I would never forget to put on the full armor of God each morning… not me. I would never let my life become so crazy and hectic and just plain overwhelming that I can’t remember the last time I spent quality time alone with the Lord. I would never fail so completely at juggling a full time job, keeping a home, being a pastor’s wife, keeping up with family, and investing my all into my marriage. Not me. Not me. Not me.

Don’t believe me? Yea, me either. Please pray – Ephesians 6 would be a good passage to pray over me today … really everyday!

Oh – and please head on over to Exemplify to read an amazing post by my friend Amy about adoption and the need of orphans around the world… you won’t regret it!

26 comments:

3 Blessings said...

Thank you so much Lauren!

Just wait until you have little Tucker home and you see how much laundry such a little guy can create. Of course you won't mind one bit because all those little pieces that need to be laundered, mean you have a beautiful blessing that needs to be dressed.

Have a great week!
Hugs,
Amy

Tasha Lehman said...

Oh, I've never had that much laundry pile up either. ;)

Longmeadow Mama said...

Welcome to the Not Me world!
I can so relate to yours. Don't get me started about laundry. Or the enemy. Something similar happened to me in church a few weeks ago.
Love reading through your blog. We had friends adopt a boy from Ethiopia several years ago. What an incredible journey. Unfortunaley they moved away and don't keep up with them. May your journey be an Eph. 3:20 one!

Kelli

Renea Lynch said...

Are you sure you didn't visit my house? I have that Mt. Laundry waiting to erupt in the back room, the Christmas tree is still behind the couch in the family room (hidden of course) waiting for my hubby to take it to the attic and it seems like every Sunday I'm convicted of something I fall short in. Thank you Lord for the friendly SMACK on the back of my head.

I'll come do your laundry if you'll do mine?!

Mel said...

Welcome to NOT ME! Thanks for stopping by the Cork Board.
I'm so excited for you adoption journey. If by any chance you're in Maryland, check out www.graftedfamilies.com for details on Mom's Night Out.

Melissa

Joyce said...

I visited from MckMama's today. I read back over your story and your adoption plans....I like coffee : ) so will check out your storefront. Do you have a time frame for bringing your little one home? You might have said on here somewhere but I haven't read all the posts going back....praying all goes smoothly...love the name : )

Michelle said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I've definitely NEVER let the laundry pile up like that either! :) It feels good to get it all out, doesn't it?

Wendi Taylor said...

Hi Lauren, thanks for coming by. Don't worry, my Christmas decorations are NOT sitting in boxes on the bed in the guest room.

Alicia said...

Oh, I've never had that much laundry either..lol.

Kate said...

Thanks for sharing this today! I can relate with the laundry and decorations, well and everything else, too! I didn't know you are a PW?! Me too!!

Katie said...

Yep, I can relate. I have so much to do yet I blog and read (: fun fun the important things in life. I felt convicted this sunday too, but I did and I am changing this area. Sometimes I get mad though and dont want to or understand. Good to see other christian woman have struggles too and our honest.

Heather and Ed and Chloe said...

If I had a guest bedroom, this would not be me, either! :-)

ben and erin said...

i never procrastinate on laundry... or putting away things! i just wish i had a guest room that i could store my objects of procrastination!

and i have absolutely never felt the same way in church. funny how that happens huh! we could all benifit from praying ephesians 6 everyday, but today i'll pray a little extra protection over you!


thanks for stopping by my blog--have a blessed day!

christy rose said...

Not me either! I would never let the chores of my home get so far behind. :) It really is a good thing that our label of being virtuous does not depend on what we do or how well we do it but by Whose we are and how completely He accomplished it!!

Tiffani said...

Oh I may or may not have that much laundry some times either! haha! I mean with 5, laundry gets piled up high, pretty fast!

We 2 Bee's said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog today! I love'd your Not Me's! I have that problem with laundry all the time, expect mine lives in my bedroom always staring me down! With 3 children and two adults living in my home it becomes big fast!
May God Bless you as you bless Him!

Stephanie said...

Great Not Me's!

I loved that we both posted about our laundry! :)

And you can still have your Prov 31 award... we all land far from perfect. That's what's great about the Gospel!

Have a great week!

Co Captain aka Mommy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am glad you did. I am loving yours!

Marie said...

Love your blog...My Aunt and Uncle just did the whole adoption thing too.GOOD LUCK with yours....If you get a chance check out my other blog I have about TRAVEL and maybe it will help you with the money part...My uncle book with me and saved a lot :)
www.katiesdreamtrave.blogspot.com Good Luck again and God Bless you & your family :)

Tracy said...

It just makes me adore you more. What a great meme to stumble across. I feel like I should offer one up since you were so candid. I would never start writing on Monday for a deadline on Wednesday...yikes.

Yellow House said...

Glad you played along with Not Me! My NMM post from last week was all about the pile of laundry I moved to my guest bedroom! :) Have a great week and thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

Rachel M. said...

Ha, just wait till you get that little guy home, you will be doing laundry from 8-10pm at night! Or maybe that's just me!!! :)

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Mc Allen said...

I havnt played this in awhile. I dont know why but I kinda jus forgot about it?! Great post!! Ive visited here before. I love your blog :) xoxo LA

Jim and April said...

awesome post...real post...thanks for being real and guess what...we are all the same way...we're human but thank God...He doesn't give up on us!

He & Me + 3 said...

I am dealing with that much laundry now. It gets crazy when life gets so busy. I can relate. I feel the same way some days about putting on the full armor. So glad HIS mercies are NEW every morning.
Hugs,
Mimi

Kristin said...

Haha! This post didn't sound just like me, nope not at all. I don't let laundry pile up like that or get cranky in church either! LOL!