3.08.2010

This program is brought to you by the NUMBER....

You're probably wondering how on earth we got our number so fast after being told we needed to order a paper copy of John's birth certificate and mail it in just 3 days ago... well I will tell you ... we're crazy motivated, that's how!! Our case manager called us about 8pm Friday night (5pm their time ... yes right before they closed... after I'd been waiting allll day) and she gave us the feedback. What I didn't tell you was that we had 20 teens over at the time. I had worked 9 hours, come home, and then cooked dinner for 20 teenagers. I was pretty disappointed after the call, but I went out and played pictionary with the kids until about 11pm. Then I got on the internet with the mindset that I WOULD find the exact office that John needed to go to and we would be there first thing Monday morning and then mail it out overnight. Well, we discovered that the only way to get his birth certificate in person was to drive to the state capital ... two hours away. I did some quick research and found out they were open from 8-12 on Saturday. I did more research and learned that the FedEx office by our house was open until 3pm. So - we got to bed around midnight ... got up Saturday at 6am ... drove to Richmond ... got the PAPER birth certificate... drove to FedEx... sent it overnight ... and finally made it home. It arrived at AGCI this morning and K called this afternoon with our number! Praise God we are done with the paper chase!! Now all we have to do is wait... and pray... and wait... and pray... and wait...

Dear Tucker,

You have the most incredible Daddy. He had a big paper due in his systematic theology class today. As of Friday night he hadn't started it yet. But, he still got up at 6am to drive 2 hours - get his birth certificate - drive 2 hours back and mail it out. All because he loves you so much and can't wait to meet you. Your Daddy is my hero this weekend. We love you to the moon and back (and we would go to the moon and back for any form that would help bring you home...)

Love, Mommy

25 comments:

Brookie said...

So excited for you, Lauren! 32 and counting!!!! Now you can start on the nursery! :-D

Critty said...

Yay, yay, yay! I am sooo excited for you! This is awesome! How awesome is your hubby. Amazing. It is a delight to see how much you two love your Tucker already.

Just think now you get to plan the nursery!

And your letter made me think of this:

http://www.thevintagepearl.com/products/iloveyoutothemoonandback_p16

:)

Lara said...

You are my hero :-)

And the "to the moon and back" sign is in both of my kiddo's rooms!

The Kirk Fam said...

YEAH! Praise God! We are so excited for you and we are right behind! 33 maybe???

Rejoicing with you,

Amy

Alicia said...

One day, Tucker will be so blessed to read this!

Amy said...

Yay! I am so happy for you :) Let the waiting and preparing his room begin!

Lois Lane II said...

Beautiful. Yea!!!!

Mich said...

Congrats gal! doing a Happy dance for you today!

Kay @ Off the Beaten Path said...

Already such devoted parents. How wonderful! Blessings to you, sweet girl. I just happened upon your blog today and want you to know I'm rooting for you and your husband. God has a plan and it is good.

JillAileenJones said...

God is good all the time, All the time God is good! So excited to hear the good news. 32 has a nice ring to it too. Been praying this weekend for you and your husband-and baby Tucker-so glad that God answered this prayer and will continue to guide and direct you all.
Blessings!
Jill Jones

3rdofDecember said...

I am SO EXCITED!!! A number! A number! 32!! 32!!

This is awesome news, Lauren.

christy rose said...

Yay!!! I am so super excited for you! Now for the countdown and the nursery!!!

Jim and April said...

32 ... how awesome! how exciting! So glad your on the list now...i bet you are so happy!

CC said...

YAY, YAY and YAY!!!! I am so happy for you. God's timing is perfect!!! Cannot wait to continue this journey with you. Blessings, CC

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness, Lauren, I am so excited for you!!! That is awesome that you were able to do that on Saturday. Tucker is going to be so loved!!!

My blog friend Abigail, that designed my blog and website.....he favorite number is 32. She would love this! :D

Tracy said...

Having survived Systematic Theology(s), I am so impressed! That is a good daddy, AND, I am so happy to hear about your number. 32 was a great age and it is a great number. You are on your way to Tucker. Thank you, Jesus!

He & Me + 3 said...

OMGosh I am screaming over here I am so excited for you all. I cannot wait to start counting down with you! Yea!
Hugs,
Mimi

Alicia, The Snowflake said...

Oh how sweet! Praying many blessings over you and your family. And may you have peace as you wait on God's timing.

Carrie said...

Yippee!! I'm doing a happy dance for you! Way to hustle and bustle ... the things we do for our kiddos! ;)

Monika said...

Yay, so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO YOUR NUMBER!!!!!!! I´m so happy for you!!!

Victoria said...

I'm praising God with you! 32! I can't cheer it loud enough! I'm so excited for your family!

nault's nook said...

Oh I am so happy for you!! Sweet Tucker doesnt just have an awesome daddy, he has an awesome mommy too!!!

In this wonderful life... said...

Wow! I can't wait to get caught up with you guys. How amazing about the adoption! I will be praying for you guys!!

Kristen Love said...

Praise God! I got the message this morning on Facebook before I went to work and thought about you all day! I am so happy that you are closer to the day you will bring Tucker HOME :-)

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

what a daddy! What a Father! Just sobbing over here...

Keep the faith, sister, it won't be long until Tucker is in his daddy's arms for always.

peace~elaine