3.01.2010

Yay March!! It's a Parade!!



 Abigail is hosting a fun spring looking blog parade! I am soooo ready for spring! **Sigh** Well, not too much longer. I hope. Anyways - click the image above to link up and join the parade ... Here's some questions we're asked to answer as a way of introducing ourselves:

1. What's your favorite time of the day, and why?
Afternoon for sure! I am not a morning person at all. I hate waking up and it takes a couple cups of coffee and some quiet time to get me there. I'm not a night owl either. I don't like to stay up super late. I love my sleep. Afternoon is the perfect time for anything - outings, reading, getting work done, or (my favorite) tea with a book that eventually turns into a nap! : )

2. If health wasn't an issue, what food could you live off of?
I am going to take this to also mean "if food allergies weren't an issue" ... in that case I would live off of cheese and ice cream and pudding and custard and YOGURT!! 

3. If you could have one wish granted (besides wishing for more wishes), what would it be?
That everyone is all the world loved Jesus Christ as their Savior... that would solve so many problems and grant several other wishes!

4. What's one thing that you get teased about a lot?
I'm swallowing my pride to answer this one ... my voice. I sound like a 10 year old. The kids in school used to singe the Mickey Mouse song to mock me.... telemarketers ask to speak to my mommy... please don't judge me!

5. If you could choose one movie, book, or TV show to spend your life in, which would you pick? What type of character would you be?
Pride and Prejudice ... and I would absolutely be Elizabeth Bennet! 

6. If you could have one talent that you don't already have, what would it be?
I would have a lovely singing voice...

7.If money were no object, where would you go on vacation?
Hawaii - or someplace in the Caribbean 

8. If you were an awesome singer, which genre would you sing?
I would be a crooner ... June Carter Cash, Judy Garland, etc... 
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, what would it be?
For Home: Pottery Barn, For Clothes: JCrew

10. If you could live in any point in time, when would it be?
1800's ... I love the dresses and how it was expected that the women would stay home and be domestic. Now if you do that society puts a label on you and makes you feel like you're wasting your life.

11. If every outfit in your wardrobe had to be one color, what would it be?
White for Summer - Navy Blue for winter

12. If you were one of the seven dwarves, which one would you be?(Doc, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Bashful, Happy, or Dopey)
 I can't decide between sleepy and happy....
13. What's the last album you listened to?
Some worship cd that John just bought - it's a mix

14. What's something we'd be surprised to know about you?
I had to answer this once before: Before I came to Christ I went through about a 6 month wild phase. I had 4 piercings up each ear and short spiky hair. I look back now and wonder who that girl was. It wasn’t me. I am so thankful that Jesus rescued me from myself. I look at young girls now who are trying to look cool and act tough and I wonder about the pain in their hearts, and what awful hurts they’re hiding. That was me – living each day in agony on the inside, and acting like I didn’t have a care in the world on the outside. People who know me now are always shocked when I tell them about who I was when Christ came for me. 

32 comments:

3 Blessings said...

Loved your answers! I joined in the fun too!
Have a great week.
Blessings,
Amy

Kristin said...

Those were fun to read! We had several of the same/similar answers.

kara with a k said...

Great answers Lauren! I am like you, not a morning person or a late night person. I always say I peak around lunch time (must have something to do with eating!).

Also: LOVE the Pottery Barn, I could spend that money fast there.

And I love Elizabeth Bennet. However I don't know if I'd pick her or the March sisters from Little Women. It's a toss up.

Jared Kraft said...

Great answers! I love Judy Garland's voice (Zooey Deschanel is another one of my personal favorites in that vein.) : )

Nice "meeting" you too!
Jared

Rachel @ Future Pastor's Wife said...

Don't feel bad, I have a Mickey Mouse voice too. Telemarketers are ALWAYS asking to speak to one of my parents. I'm like, "Ahem, I'm almost 30!!!" :)

I was very surprised by your last answer! I can't picture you with 4 piercings and without your long blonde hair.

Pam Ponder said...

I loved all your answers, thanks for stopping by my blog so nice to meet you. Looking forward to reading more on your blog!

Linda said...

Thinking of you with spiked hair and so many piercings is like thinking of Caroline Ingles from Little House that way! (Can't imagine) (:>)

I love yogurt too.

I enjoyed all of your answers.

Linda said...

Oh yes...and Judy Garland is one of my favs too. Wasn't she great? I love most of her movies.

Critty said...

I too am slightly surprised by your last answer but think it is fascinating :) Oh How He loves us.

I would have had a few answers very similar to you :) 1800's, P and P, Pottery Barn....yep!

Jenilee said...

love judy garland and I'm a lizzie fan too. :)

nault's nook said...

oh how I can relate! Isnt it AMAZING what the Lord can rescue us from. How He loves us even at our worst. Praise Him for that! Thanks for the post!

D and A said...

Hi Lauren, Thanks for visiting my blog. Not sure if you noticed but we have a little boy that we adopted from Ethiopia. He just celebrated his birthday last week and at the end of the month we will have had him for one year. He is a sweet blessing. If you want to see some photos of my son, on my Dashboard you can see my other blogs. I just posted birthday pictures on Mozos on Mission and I have an adoption blog that I do not update much anymore but is on there as well. Let me know if you have anything I can help with, we adoptive mothers stick together. Blessings!

melanie said...

Thanks so stopping by! I'm loving your answers and your blog as well. I will keep you in prayer as you wait for your little boy to come home.

Alicia said...

Wow! Are you going to post a picture of the spiky hair? Just kidding! ;)

But yes, it is amazing where some of us were before we came to the Lord!

According to Kris... said...

Great answers! Thanks for sharing!

He & Me + 3 said...

I can't imagine you with short spikey hair. I love pottery barn...I could so go crazy in that store.

Jim and April said...

loved this! i love crooner voices too!

Joyeful said...

Seriously, Lauren, we are too much alike!! I am so not a morning person, I love Pride and Prejudice, love, love, love Hawaii, and wish I could sing : )

One of these days, we have to get together in real life!

Joyful said...

Ohh...a Pottery Barn, how fun!
I don't do pottery, but I could see myself learning.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Pride and Prejudice as well... can't get enough of the Kiera Knightly version... one movie I will always stop and watch while flipping through channels--my sons gave it to me for Christmas.

Thanks for stopping by.

~elaine

The Kirk Fam said...

Lauren,
Thanks for checking out our blog. It does look like we may be traveling at the same time to pick up our Ethiopian bundles! We are so eager to hear how our Dossier review goes on Friday! We are hoping to adopt a baby boy 0-12 months. How about you? Looking forward to hearing more about your journey.
God's grace to you,
Amy

Katie said...

Great answers, I love real people!! I am glad Jesus is in your life too, I look back too and wish I had him at a earlier age.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Stopping by the Blog Parade! Number three is the answer I should have given.

christy rose said...

I loved all of your answers!!1 I would vacation in Hawaii too and shop at Pottery Barn for so many things that I love. And I would be a Happy dwarf! :) I can't imagine you in short spiky hair. :)

Crystal said...

Thanks for stopping by. I'm now following your blog, it's lovely & YOU're lovely! I'm so happy you're close to getting your number! I can imagine that is an amazing feelings that words can't even describe! Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you! Thanks to the blog hop or I'd never have found your site =)

Just Breathe said...

Thank you for stopping over to visit with me. Love your answer to #3. Sorry about the allergies, I don't know what I would do without cheese! My God is an awesome God, glad you found Him.

dkmissie said...

Loved your answers and I read the other post on adopting.How awesome !!
Glad to meet you :)

Tracy: said...

Cute, Cute blog Lauren! Loved spending some time here! Thanks for stopping by mine!

Kyle Kraft said...

Great answers! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I don't have the blogging gift that Lynnette, Ab or Jared have.

Oh, by the way, I used to have really long hair and played in rock bands before I married Lynnette. No piercings though:).

underthegypsytree(at)gmail.com said...

YOUTH IS ALWAYS AN INTERESTING TIME.

Feel Free to Visit me any time

Meet me Under The Gypsy Tree
UnderTheGypsyTree.blogspot.com

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

Well done, Lauren. I'm really loving this carnival because I'm meeting so many other Christian bloggers. It's a wonderful thing!
I went through a wild phase too but mine lasted about 5 years before I came back around to my faith in Christ. He is beyond faithful.
I participated as well. Stop in for a visit if you get the chance. :)

Sandra said...

Thanks for visiting Thistle Cove Farm, it led me to your blog. Loved reading your answers, made me feel even more like Sisters in Christ. Also enjoyed reading other posts on your blog; keep the faith!