4.26.2010

ABC's of being the BEST Helper!

 One of my favorite books about marriage is Debbie Pearl's Created to Be His Help Meet. It is full of Godly wisdom, stories, tips,  and real life experience. I don't agree with every single word or idea - but I do stand with her on most things. One of my favorite pages is an alphabetical list of ways to be the best wife you can. It's a great check list - I write little stars next to the ones I need to work on. I hope you are able to use this!
 

ABC's of Being a Help Meet

A-  Admit when you are wrong
B- Be positive
C- Cuddle
D- Do it his way
E- Encourage him
F - Fix his breakfast
G- Give back rubs
H- Hug often
I- "I love you" should be said many times daily
K- Know his needs
L- Listen to him
M- Manage your home well
N- Never hold grudges
O- Open your eyes in the morning and smile (and say "I love you")
P- Pray for him
Q- Quit nagging him
R- Reminisce about good times
S- Show respect and honor
T- Trust, and earn his trust
U- Understand his need for reverance
V- Vulnerability is a feminine trait; cultivate it
W- Wink at him
X- A is for private times ; )
Y- Yearn to please him
Z- Zealously guard him with your love


** Don't forget to link up tomorrow for "To Love Their Husbands Tuesday"! 


©2009 Living By Faith

14 comments:

Alicia said...

This is a wonderful list! I should print it out!

Lara said...

One of my girlfriends in small group grew up next door to the Pearls! In their parenting book, the Pearls use my friend's brother in one of their examples. Too funny.

He & Me + 3 said...

Ok girl there are a few I need to work on. Thanks for sharing. I love this list. What a difference it would make if we all practiced that list everyday. :)

Darcie said...

What a great list!! Something for all of us to learn and grow by...thanks for sharing.

Lynda Young said...

Awesome list. Two of the most important ones are hugs and showing respect always.

carissa @ lowercase letters said...

this is a fantastic list! thank you! i need to put this on our fridge.

Kelly said...

I've heard great things about that book, but I've never read it. Thanks for sharing that list- it is amazing!!!

Heather said...

There are quite a few things I could work on that are listed here. It's a great "tool"! Thanks!

Barbie said...

What a great list. It's definately something I need to print and keep in my Bible as a constant reminder.

Meghan said...

Thanks for the reminder, Lauren! That book has easily been one of the greatest blessings to me (and Tyler too, I hope). I got it for my bridal shower ... from you (and the other chapel ladies). I've since given it to several friends before their weddings. I even used it to write my vows.

Monika said...

Great list! I have this book too and I love it!

e-Mom said...

V- Vulnerability is a feminine trait; cultivate it...

I'm enjoying your blog! This is a good one. Certainly not politically correct, is it? :~D


Blessings,

e-Mom @ Chrysalis

Jenilee said...

this is so sweet!

sanjeet said...

Thanks for sharing. I love this list
post free classifieds