4.23.2010

CR & Friday Photo Flashback: BFF's!!!

 July 29, 2005


This is me and my best friend Heather at my rehearsal dinner -- just 24 hours away from married bliss! Heather and I have been friends for a looooong time. We first met in the 8th grade in orchestra. We both play violin (she's a lot better!) We sat sort of near each other and to be honest ... we did NOT get along! I don't think either of us really remembers why. We only lived a couple blocks away, so we also rode the same bus to and from school. I can't remember what the turning point was, but by 10th grade we were best friends and have been ever since! We pretty much did everything together! It's now 12 years later and we live about 40 minutes apart ... and we still talk and hang out all the time. Heather got married just 2 months before me and I was one of her bridesmaids ... when it was my turn to walk down the isle she was standing up there at the front for me too. Nearly 5 years later and she has the most beautiful baby boy, Christian. He was born in September and is pretty much the cutest baby you ever saw. Heather's been there for me through it all. We have laughed our hardest and cried our hardest together. I LU YOU, Heather!! : )

The great news for you all is that Heather started a blog last week!! She's a had a private one full of family pictures for awhile, but now she has another blog that you can all go see and follow along with...
Heather writes about her faith, her love of crafts, all things turquoise and much more! She also started a meme called "making music mondays" that would be super fun for you to join! Please stop by and welcome her to blog land! : )

**Don't forget to see Andrea for more caffeinated randomness and Alicia for more flashbacks today!!

24 comments:

Chelsie Denson said...

Hey Lauren! I mentioned you on my blog today. Feel free to check it out.

Alicia said...

Yay..you did it!

What a pretty picture of the two of you. I had to look at it for a few seconds before I could tell which one was you.

I also have a friend like that. We did not like each other at all in middle school, but by the time we went to high school together we were inseparable.

Friendships like that only come a dime a dozen.

Oh..and I'll stop by and say hello!

Christy said...

How sweet! BFF's are the BEST gift from God aren't they. They love us and support us and challenge us. Amazing. I am now off to say Hi to your BFF!

I hope you have a great weekend my friend.

And have I mentioned lately what a blessing you are to me? Because you totally are. I <3 YOU!

Sunshine4Life said...

This is a very beautiful photo of you, Lauren!

I have a 2005 entry too - 3 generation.

Happy weekend!

Oh i checked out your bff blog and it's nice and yeah full of family pictures.

Arlene
http://www.goingonteenyears.info/ftf-photo-2005/

Heather said...

Wow! Talk about feeling special! This post was sure a real confidence booster:-) You made me sound a lot cooler than I really am! haha...I lu lu lu you!

Kelly said...

Aw, I didn't know Heather was your best friend! I found her on the To Love Your Husband Tuesday link up. It's so neat that ya'll live so close! My best friend lives 6 hours away :(

Happy Friday!!

He & Me + 3 said...

That picture is beautiful and how awesome to have a BFF that has been there for so long and knows everything about you and loves you like a sister & has seen you through some tough times. Special friendship and memories. You are both beautiful.

3 Blessings said...

Great picture! I will check out Heather's blog. Have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Amy

Ginger said...

Found your friend and subscribed. Thanks, lovely pic. Don't forget to join our discussion over at my blog.

I am now networked as well. Please fan/follow. My sub. and FB needs people.

Lara said...

How cute are you ?! I'll stop by her blog. Happy Friday!

Bobbi said...

What a nice BFF blog plug! You two look cute. Oh, I have an idea...you could do a violin vlog post!!! I love violin...can't play it though. Have a great weekend.

Natalie said...

Oh thank God for best friends! I have one that has been a lifelong friend as well and I would not survive without her.

Have a wonderful weekend, Lauren!

Natalie at Mommy on Fire
http://www.mommyonfire.com

Kristin said...

That's so sweet....it's always great to have friends that stick around through the years! Y'all are both beautiful! I will go say Hi on her blog :)

Michelle said...

My "Evil twin" and I live 7 hours away from each other, but funnily enough only a second via the phone. Which is where we usually are for 1 hour a day. It's great to have someone to share with, cry with and laugh with. What a blessing you have in each other.

Sarah Ann said...

I'm going to check out her blog now! Yay for BFFs :)

Andrea said...

You look like sisters - you're both so beautiful!

Debbie said...

Friendships like this are to be treasured greatly Lauren. Heather sounds like a good friend for keeps. I will stop by and visit her blog. It's always fun to welcome new people to our bloggy world.

Blessings,
Debbie

Tracy said...

My sister's name is Heather. I can't wait to read her blog. It is so wonderful to walk through life with someone. That is a blessing.

Have a great weekend!

Muthering Heights said...

This is such a sweet flashback...it's hard to find true friends like that! :)

Laurencita said...

Oh! the two of you are beautiful.. I too has a best friend for many years.. I thank God for it.

carissa @ lowercase letters said...

such a sweet post in honor of your bestie! adorable picture! i'm off to visit her blog. happy weekend!

Faith Imagined said...

You look stunning! I will check out your friend's new blog.

christy rose said...

You look like you could be sisters. I bet you have heard that many times. I will head over and check out her new blog.

sanjeet said...

What a pretty picture of the two of you.
post free classifieds