4.16.2010

CR & Friday Photo Flashback: Bubble Blowing Expert!

Happy Friday! : ) I've been wanting to join in on this meme Alicia came up with for months, and now I finally can because we got a scanner last week! The deal is that you can only use old photos that you've scanned - this is pre-digital camera era... super fun!

1991

That's me with the hair bow and the pretty awesome bubble. I was 7 years old. The little sweetness in blue is my brother, Kevin. He was about 1 week old here. I love the way he's staring at the bubble ... even at 1 week he can tell how superb my skills are! : P But, seriously, Kevin was the cutest baby ever. My sister and I loved him to distraction (still do - even though he's now 19.) This is one of my favorite pictures of us together.

I'm also linking up with Andrea for Caffeinated Randomness. Mainly because this is a random post for me - AND because I never got back to you guys after my hair post a couple weeks ago ... woops! I loved all the feedback - y'all are so sweet! (yes, I said y'all - I'm allowed to - I'm southern) Lot's of you said go for it and then lot's said to keep it long. So, after talking with my husband and having him remind me that I hate it every time I cut it, and that he loves it long... I decided to just get a trim. I am really happy with that decision because now the desire to cut is totally gone and I know I would have regretted doing it if I had. So the long hair stays! : )

Thanks for tuning in for my off the wall random post! Have a beautiful weekend! Oh - and Meg from In this Wonderful Life is hosting an AMAZING giveaway - check it out here!

24 comments:

Kristin said...

What a cute picture!! I was laughing when you said he knew how great your skills were. Ha! And I'm realizing I am so old!! I was a freshman in high school that year! So, that makes me about 8 years older than you!

Amydeanne said...

oh isn't that adorable!
lol and I think I'm with Kristen as far as freshmen lol...
Happy Friday!

Andrea said...

What a sweet picture! And I now feel old, thankyouverymuch. I was not 7 in 1991! :P

Debbie said...

Oh Lauren, what a fun photo! It definitely shows your personality.

Blessings,
Debbie

Natalie A. said...

That was good timing for you to blow a bubble with your gum and to get a picture of it! This is a sweet picture with your brother! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great weekend!

Ginger said...

So funny. I still blow bubbles...ha!

Hey, stop by and join Victoria and I on our new venture into memes with a new take. As in... no linky!

Yep. Just share in comments...

Ginger

Ginger said...

So funny. I still blow bubbles...ha!

Hey, stop by and join Victoria and I on our new venture into memes with a new take. As in... no linky!

Yep. Just share in comments...

Ginger

Kathy C. said...

What an adorable picture...I love how you're just so comfortable holding that little baby, blowin' bubbles, lol :) Sweet.

Bobbi said...

Love history pics! Great bubble! Happy CR!

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

What a cute pic of you and your brother. We are due soon for our 4th and my son will be 6 yrs older than this baby. I love hearing that you guys are still close!

carissa @ lowercase letters said...

such a sweet picture with fun memories! you look adorable! yay for keeping it long and getting a trim. i did the same thing. my hub likes it long, too. it's good to keep our hair the way our hubbies like it! happy weekend!

He & Me + 3 said...

OK...just seeing that you were only 7 when I was in my second year of college made me feel really old. LOL YOu are beautiful and the pictures of big sisters and baby brothers is so sweet. Nice bubble. '
Glad you kept your long hair:) It is beautiful.

Alicia said...

Awww! You are too cute, Lauren!! And yes, he does look fixated on that bubble!! Love it!

I'm so glad you joined in!!

Whimsical Creations said...

What a cute photo!!

I am feeling old, too....I was also not 7 in 1991.

Muthering Heights said...

That is so cute!!! I can see why you like this photo so much! :)

Adrienne said...

what a cute pic ...you look lovely

Lorilynne said...

Such a great picture :)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Too cute! Perfect shot getting you showing your awesome bubble blowing skills :o) And your little brother really is intently looking at your awesome bubble!

Blessings & Aloha!
(so nice meeting you! :o)

Amy said...

I'm with the other ladies ~ thanks for making me feel old!! ;) My childhood pics have that weird 70's to early-80's color to them! In '91, I was a Sophomore/Junior in high school! It's such a cute picture! I LOVED my baby brother, too, & still do! Cute!!

Natalie said...

Alright, I have to agree with the other commenters - in 1991, I was a junior in high school and I too have the weird 70's/80's color to my childhood photos. What makes me feel older is to see that the newborn in the photo is now 19!!!! I love it...What a sweet photo - I hope my daughter thinks the same of her baby brothers when they get older.

Natalie at Mommy on Fire
http://www.mommyonfire.com

Chelsie Denson said...

Hey Lauren! THanks for stopping by! It's so neat that we have a lot in common! That makes me happy. lol. Consider me your newest follower and love the picture. And by the way I can't even blow a bubble that big. That's pretty good. :) Hope you have a lovely weekend...

Laurencita said...

OH! YOU'RE SO CUTE.....

Christy said...

You are so cute :) LOVE the bubble! And I love that your are holding you brother. What a photo...and memory.

Hope you have had a fabulous weekend!

Kristen Love said...

Precious picture!