4.22.2010

Fostering Twins: Tips for Survival @ Exemplify

It was two years ago on a beautiful April day that I received a call that changed my world. It was our social worker. Two months earlier we had started the application process to go on the list as foster parents in our county. As I was headed out to work in the garden I picked up the phone expecting to hear that John’s fingerprints had been processed. I did hear that, but then she said, “Also … we have twin boys that need to be placed – can you take them in 2 hours?” So with two hours notice we became foster parents to twin two year old boys, and the adventure began. I had never been a full time parent before. I had done plenty of babysitting, but never experienced the 24/7 mommy business. I learned a lot in those 3 months. A lot of people said we got thrown in the frying pan with twins – at two years old – and boys no less! They were right. But we learned some major lessons – fast! I want to share some of our “wisdom” with you...

Please click here to finish reading at Exemplify!

10 comments:

Kate said...

Great advice, Lauren! As Jason and I wait, we pray for the child/children that come into our home. We continue to lift you and the hubs up in prayer as well as little Tucker.

Kristin said...

That was too cute, Lauren, but so beautiful as well!

Pilar said...

It is funny the things you learn only when you are a mommy, however that comes to happen.
May you have a blessed day!

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

This was precious! Love the picture, too.

Sonya Lee

Heather said...

That is such a cute picture you found! I just know that you and John will be great parents to little Tucker!

He & Me + 3 said...

What a sweet post that was. Loved all that you learned.

Alicia said...

Going there now!

Joyeful said...

Oh dear. And you know how well I can relate to this!! Yes, we have had our share of poo on the walls! You all have definitely been prepared a plenty for parenthood!!

Katie said...

beautiful

sanjeet said...

so beautiful
post free classifieds