4.06.2010

Magnificent Art

Victoria at Let the Son Shine, has come up with a great meme that takes place only once a month. On the first Tuesday of each month, you go back through your blog archives and you pick a post from the past that you want to repost.  It is called, 'Time Warp Tuesday'.  This one is from June of 2009. I guess I was feeling poetic, because here's what came out...

Waiting is the hardest part
as I hope this lump of clay
is turned to a piece of art

Trusting in the Potters hands
to skillfully mold me
according to His plans

Not knowing what I will be
when my master is finished
molding and shaping me

But I believe with all my heart
that He's making this life
into magnificent art...
~Lauren
                 

It is my prayer that you will all keep the faith and remain steadfast in the Lord know that He has a plan for your life. He is molding and shaping you into the masterpiece that He has envisioned for you. Will you let him? As painful as it may be ... it is worth it, for we could never come up with anything as gloriously beautiful as God does! 

21 comments:

Lara said...

This really spoke to me. Lately I have felt like I am in the throes of molding and shaping and refining. And it's painful and uncomfortable at times. Thanks for sharing.

3 Blessings said...

Love it! We both picked June '09. Great minds think alike :)
Have a great week friend.
Blessings,
Amy

Victoria said...

Lauren, this is wonderful! I'm totally going to print it and use it as a book mark! I'm so glad you're time warping with me!

Victoria said...

Oh, and mine was from June 09, too...so funny!

Ginger said...

Lauren,
This is beautiful. So true to the heart of every woman--to be His work of art.

Thank you so much for sharing this.

Off to check out that coffee.
Ginger

Tracy said...

I love this, Lauren. Sometimes it looks like a massive paint spill on a canvas, but it is becoming something. Thanks for the reminder!

Michelle said...

This is beautiful.
It makes me think of my prayers for my boys.
Thanks & Blessings

Joyeful said...

Just beautiful! You are His masterpiece, Lauren! And you've allowed Him to shape you as He will--and THAT is truly beautiful.

Carrie said...

Lauren,
Caught your blog on the AGCI yahoo chat group. I haven't been on there much because we brought home our son from Ethiopia last Sept., but I still love to pray and cheer on new families and I hope we get to go back some day. I recently combined a couple of my blogs into one. Can't wait to follow your journey!
Blessings,
Carrie
www.hiswillandgrace.blogspot.com

Alicia said...

That is a beautiful poem!

And what a great meme to let us reflect back to where we were!!

Debbie said...

How beautiful Lauren!

The molding always seem to take so much longer than I like. However, everything in God's timing is best. I know that.

Blessings,
Debbie

Kristin said...

What a great post, Lauren!

carissa @ lowercase letters said...

this is just so beautiful lauren!!! i love the Truth it displays.

SnoWhite {Finding Joy in My Kitchen} said...

That is beautiful, Lauren. I am in the midst of a time of molding and shaping too -- this was very timely. Thank you!

Wired Whimsy said...

Wow... just WOW. That is truly beautiful.

Yes, the sculpting process can be painful. Thankfully, we can trust that, through the working of His hands, we will be fashioned into something beautiful.

Critty said...

This is beautiful. I am so glad you posted it again. I know as I read it my heart totally agreed :) I love following you on this journey of shaping by God.

...::Mrs. Southern Bride::... said...

beautiful. I need to read that today. :)

Jim and April said...

beautiful poem Lauren! So true!

Linda said...

Hi Lauren,
I love your blog and your post really has spoken to me. I needed to hear this today. You are so right-this shaping and molding can be so painful but we have to trust God that He knows best!
Have a blessed day. Please drop by my blog when you have time.
Linda.

covnitkepr1 said...

My latest post is along the same theme. I'll follow you.

sanjeet said...

This is beautiful. So true to the heart of every woman--to be His work of art.

post free classified ads