4.13.2010

To Love Their husbands ... New Meme Idea for Wives!

If you've been following my blog for awhile now, you might remember this post about the wonderful ways my husbands shows his love for me. I actually re-posted it a couple months after the original. It's true, my husband goes above and beyond to show me how loved I am. Well, I'd like to make a conscience effort to do the same for him. Of course I love my husband and I do show him that I love him ... but I want to step it up a notch!  Think how wonderful it would be if a husband and wife made that a competition... each one trying to show the other even more love... what a wonderful marriage that would make!

I went to my husbands systematic theology class with him yesterday morning. It was the last class of the term and I've never gone with him to any of his classes before. But, he expressed how much he wanted me to attend one, so I did. I didn't really want to for any reason other than I got to be with him. I was lost the whole time! The professor used huge words and terms that I hadn't the slightest idea about. The classroom was beige with a chalk board on the front wall and NO pictures at all! It was completely un-stimulating. The room was freezing and the chairs were horribly uncomfortable. The class was 3 hours long! I was bored out of my mind, cold, and really tired because we had been up so late the night before. But, I don't regret going. I was glad I went because I know it meant a lot to John. I enjoyed sitting next to him and seeing how he spends his Monday mornings. Showing love requires getting inside our spouses world. That's what I did and even though I was so glad when noon came and class was over, I am really happy I went. Even better, John was thrilled all day that I was there with him.

So an idea formulated. What if we (us married gals ... sorry to exclude all my single friends who are just wonderful too!) gave our 100% in showing love to our husbands? What if we supported, encouraged, and held one another accountable? Even for those of us with fabulous marriages, I bet we'll see it get even better! What if there was a meme for this??? Well, you're in luck because I would love to host a "To Love Their Husbands Tuesdays" I got the phrase from the wonderful roll call of God's expectations of women in Titus 2. His second expectation is that woman are called "to love their husbands..." Titus 2:4

Does this sound like something you would enjoy? Here's the plan - every Tuesday link up here with a post about how you went out of your way to show love to your husband in the past week. We can encourage one another and maybe even give each other some ideas! If you want to join in, or just spread the word - please take this button and post it on your blog - then come back next week to link up!
 
And here's a smaller one for your side bar:

29 comments:

Jen said...

This sounds like an amazing challenge! I am ready for it. I have a game plan even though my husband will be training the next 6 weeks, I'll still show him how much he's worth to me on Tuesdays! Thanks for the encouragement!

He & Me + 3 said...

That would be a great meme to get started. I will try and join in when I can. With three busy kids a dog and a hubby that works 10-12 hours each day I could totally use some help to make him feel special. Sometimes our quality time is so short.

Darcie said...

Lauren,

What a truly wonderful meme to be a part of. We can never show our husbands enough just how much we love them! I am going to try and link up when I can. Off to work on some ideas of showing him just how much he means to me. Thanks for the idea!

Kelly said...

This is a fabulous idea!!!! Can't wait to participate!!!

Kate said...

Awesome challenge. I've challenged my readers as well!

Andrea said...

Hi Lauren. I have been following your blog for awhile now, and I am so happy I am. Thank you for the encouragement, honesty and love for Jesus. I love to see how He is working in His children's lives (besides me), it strengthens my faith and love for Him. :)

The Kirk Fam said...

What a wonderful idea! Nothing could be more honoring to our Lord and our hubbies! May God grant us the love and grace to go above and beyond in creatively loving our spouses.
Thanks, Lauren!
Amy

SnoWhite {Finding Joy in My Kitchen} said...

what a great idea :) Thanks for starting this!

Carrie said...

I think this sounds great, too! I'll join in when I can! ;)

Kristin said...

Sounds like a great idea! I love the button too. :)

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh, that is a fabulous idea, Lauren!! I would be so in!!!

Sarah Ann said...

I'll do it!

Jayme said...

Great idea! I'm excited to join in!

Monika said...

Hi, it´s great idea, I want to participate it!

Kimberly said...

Great idea! I'd love to join in.

Jim and April said...

i LOVE this and Jim and I are SO happy and have an awesome marriage so I am excited to step it up a notch and see how this makes it even better! Excited!

Morgan @ thecallingandmissionofwomen.blogspot.com said...

Love the idea! I can't wait to start blessing my husband in this way and to know other wives are doing it, too!

Traci Michele said...

snagging this button sweet Lauren!

Love it!

carissa @ lowercase letters said...

i think this idea is a fantastic one! the world needs to know how much we adore our husbands!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I've been loving my husband in a huge way over the past several weeks... submitting my packing skills and willing heart to the process of our moving. It hasn't been easy for... hard to pack up 6 years' worth of living, but because he's my partner, I willingly give it my best.

Like you, I need to and want to do better. I'll try to check in on Tuesdays as I can.

peace~elaine

Sarah-Anne said...

Dear Lauren,

This is a splendid idea, and I love it!

I also wanted to share something similar with you that I learned about from Lindsay at Passionate Homemaking. She urged her readers a couple of months ago to sign up for the 30 day challenge of encouraging our spouses: http://www.reviveourhearts.com/challenge/

You might enjoy doing this. It certainly helped me to think intentionally about encouraging Stan every day!

Blessings,
Sarah-Anne

ps - I'm hoping to write you back soon, though I'm sorry I haven't quite yet!

sanjeet said...

Great idea! I'm excited to join in!
post free classified ads

Katie said...

I love the Tommy Nelson series we did them with out sunday school class. He is so funny and so engaging to watch. They are outdated but so right what we need to hear. Your husband sounds like a dream. I pray my boys will be that kind of man and that Lauren will have that kind of husband. A true gift from GOd. You are blessed.

Joyeful said...

This is just wonderful, Lauren! I love it!! My poor man has been a tad neglected lately with the newborn and three other kids demanding all my attention and he could use a little extra lovin' : )

Andrea said...

Great idea! I love it!!

Whitney said...

I love this idea! I'm not married yet but that doesn't mean I can't make a conscious effort to show my fabulous boyfriend how much he means to me, right? Even if I don't link up I will be reading all of the stories! I love being encouraged by other Godly women to be a better girlfriend and future wife and you especially are so inspiring! You both are so lucky to have such a wonderful marriage and I pray my marriage will be as fun as yours seems to be.

Heather said...

Love the idea...can't wait to join in! Cute button too:-)

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

What a WONDERFUL idea! I am so encouraged to find young ladies that are supporting and encouraging each other towards God's BEST for their lives, and their marriages. Way to go! Good job!

The things that you do for your husband today, will pay BIG dividends in the years ahead. After almost 28 years of marriage, my husband and I are still making the effort, taking the time, to "get into each other's worlds".

Last month, I pulled off the biggest surprise of my life. My husband had a 30+ year dream. I did not share his dream. I did not want it. I did not fully support it. But ... since my husband had this dream ... and because I love HIM (even if I didn't love his dream) ... I made it happen. For my husband's 50th birthday, I surprised him with a Harley Davidson. (In the middle of a very difficult financial year, where we chose to take a huge pay cut to move into full time ministry.) I made it happen ... without loans ... by scrimping and saving ... because I LOVE MY MAN, and I wanted his dream to come true.

That's how I showed my husband that I love him.

Great post!

Laurel :)

Monica said...

Hey Lauren,
I just found your blog and I love it! This is a great idea and I have put the button on my site to encourange my Titus 2 Ladies to come over. The button is really big though, do you have the script for the smaller one?
I will be back each Tuesday! Thanks!